Click here for Japanese Version. 日本語版はこちら。
Click here for see all the paths to acquire VCP & VCAP (VCIX) certification.
If you already have VCP, and would like to acquire another VCP, you can use Re-certification method. The re-certification will also extend expiration of all VCP for another 2 years.
On this post, I would like to show the Re-certification on the different solution track.
You can take another VCP on the different solution track without taking another course or vSphere Foundations Exam. You can upgrade one version as well as two version of your active VCP. Two version upgrade got added recently as new method to be re-certified. Below is the overall image.
So the guidelines here are:
- Can skip course attendance and vSphere Foundations Exam.
- One-version upgrade. Able to acquire the next version VCP in different solution track.
- Two-version upgrade. Able to acquire two-next version VCP in different solution track.
- Not capable of having Three or more version upgrade
- Need to pass the Elective VCP Exam to re-certify. Can NOT use Delta Exam.
- Downgrade is possible but need to be within two version.
Extra guidelines related to new VCP-DW certification:
- For the candidates having DCV, DTM, NV, or CMA certification with VCP6 version or higher (VCP6, 6.5, or 7) can go directly upgrade to VCP-DW. Not from VCP5 or lower.
- If the candidates only have VCP-DW and going for DCV, DTM, NV, or CMA, they need to pass vSphere Foundations Exams (v6.0 or v6.5), but NO need to attend the required course. The destination DCV, DTM, NV, or CMA can be currently available VCP6 or higher.
Also, acquiring the new VCP certification will extend/re-certify the existing active VCP(s).
Let me show you more examples.
The diagram below are re-certification from the active VCP4-DT to VCP6-DCV. Even though they are on the different solution track, this upgrade is possible since it is within Two-version upgrade. This will re-certify the active VCP and extend the expiration date for another 2 years. You can take the Elective Exam but be careful that the Delta Exam cannot be used for re-certification from the different solution track.
By the way, you cannot upgrade directly to VCP6.5-DCV since it is more than Two-version upgrade.
The diagram below are re-certification from the active VCP5-DCV to VCP7-CMA. This case can NOT be re-certified since it is more than Two-version upgrade.
The diagram below are re-certification from the active VCP7-CMA to VCP6-DCV, which is the down grade case. This re-certification is possible since it is within Two-version upgrade.
Following examples are related to new VCP-DW certification.
The diagram below are re-certification from the active VCP6-DCV to VCP-DW. This re-certification is possible since the currently active VCP is version 6 or higher.
The diagram below are re-certification from the active VCP5-DT to VCP-DW. This case can NOT be re-certified since the currently active VCP is version 5 or lower.
The diagram below are re-certification from the active VCP-DW to VCP6.5-DCV. This re-certification is possible by passing vSphere Foundations Exam and VCP Elective Exam. Course attendance is not required, and can go to VCP version 6 or higher.
See you at the next post!
(The above paths and requirements are as of July, 2018. These can be changed without prior notice.)