By Duncan Epping, Principal Architect, VMware.
As promised last week an update that includes new white papers. First one is by Venky Deshpande and is about VDS best practices, highly recommend read. The second paper is by VMware's storage guru Cormac Hogan. Anything that Cormac writes is worth reading in my opinion. There's more papers in the pipeline so keep checking these updates.
- VDS Best Practices Guide (Venky Deshpande)
- VMware vSphere 5 VMFS-5 Upgrade Considerations (Cormac Hogan)
** yes we are aware there is an issue with the download of the PDF, been reported hopefully fixed soon! **
- vCloud Director Certification (Tom Stephens) http://bit.ly/ykVzBp
- Having a performance problem hard to resolve? – Have you checked your host BIOS lately… (Leah Schoeb) http://bit.ly/wqgGTh
- Troubleshooting Auto Deploy Rules (Kyle Gleed) http://bit.ly/yujJ0o
- Enterprise Social Collaboration Solutions (Duncan Epping) bit.ly/y4XO17
- vCD Support for vCenter Foundation (Tom Stephens) http://bit.ly/zvJqPQ
- Checking the Pay-As-You-Go MHz Issue (Alan Renouf) http://bit.ly/w2s8iI
- What could be writing to a VMFS when no Virtual Machines are running? (Cormac Hogan) bit.ly/AuYq6G
- Something I didn't known about VMFS sub-blocks (Cormac Hogan) bit.ly/z9tFiM
- Creating an IP-Pool for VC Ops (Duncan Epping) http://bit.ly/yKSLdM
- Configuration Settings for ALUA Devices (Cormac Hogan) http://bit.ly/yeUsvc