With VMworld 2017 quickly approaching, it’s time to find sessions you want to attend and build your schedule – popular sessions are already filling up. Although you have many vSAN sessions to choose from, (122 to be exact!) we’ve identified 10 sessions you should prioritize during your VMworld experience.
These sessions span an array of topics, such as VMware Cloud on AWS, security, running cloud-native applications and many more. They offer a detailed look into the multi-faceted components of vSAN capabilities. We start our list with a can’t-miss session on the future of vSAN and HCI. From there, get your technical fix of “what’s new” and key things to know about vSAN before moving on to dig into management processes and vSAN operations. Finally, land on the evolution of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure and how customers are using vSAN to modernize their infrastructure.
With a wealth of timely topics, you’re guaranteed to learn about the key new capabilities of vSAN, so keep reading to explore our top recommendations:
- vSAN Vision: The Future of HCI – Monday, Aug 28, 11:30am-12:30pm – STO1490SU: Get an in-depth look into VMware’s software-defined HCI approach and learn why customers trust vSAN’s enterprise-class features, scale and performance to run critical business applications. This session will feature Dean Perrine, Vice President, Technical Solutions at Fox Networks.
- VMware Cloud on AWS: Storage Deep Dive – Monday, Aug 28, 1-2pm – STO1890BU: Sign up for this session to find out how vSAN plays a critical role in delivering the full capabilities of the software-defined data center to the public cloud with AWS.
- What’s New in vSAN 6.6: Technical Deep Dive – Monday, Aug 28, 2:30-3:30pm – STO2047BU: VMware’s Senior Technical Marketing Manager, John Nicholson, takes an in-depth look into new vSAN 6.6 features, focusing on how each feature works and can be leveraged to best suit your individual needs.
- The Top 10 Things to Know About vSAN – Monday, Aug 28, 5:30-6:30pm – STO1264BU: If you have any questions about VMware vSAN, attending this session is a must! Get key information from VMware Chief Technologist Duncan Epping and Director Chief Technologist Cormac Hogan when they cover 10 essential vSAN facts.
- Deep Dive on Encrypting your Data-at-Rest with vSAN – Tuesday, Aug 29, 11:30am-12:30pm – STO1451BU: Take a detailed look at how from the start, vSAN has been designed to safeguard data-at-rest. This session will include encrypted vSAN cluster management and deployment use cases, along with key design principles.
- vSAN Setup & Management the Easy Way! Tuesday, Aug 29, 1:00-2:00pm – STO1968BU: This session covers areas like Easy Install, Configuration Assist and Updates to help you get started with running vSAN on vSphere hosts and maintaining your vSAN cluster.
- Why vSAN, Why Now and What to Expect Tomorrow – Tuesday, Aug 29, 2:30-3:30pm – STO2974SU: Discuss the vital evaluation criteria you need to make an informed decision when you modernize your infrastructure, and hear from customer Jason Puig, Director, IT Cloud & Lab Services, Symantec about how they have successfully integrated vSAN into their business initiatives.
- The Evolution of VMware vSAN and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure – Wednesday, Aug 30, 8:30-9:30am – STO1794BU: Take a look at how data centers and customer storage needs have evolved amid industry disruption and how vSAN’s architecture can adapt to meet new developments.
- vSAN Customer Panel – Wednesday, Aug 30, 10:00-11:00am – STO1487PU: This panel includes a discussion with customers (Boeing, Sugar Creek Packing Co., Honeywell, Kroger and General Motors) who have successfully deployed hyper-converged infrastructure for various workloads in their environment. Learn about how they architected their vSAN environments and the key consideration factors involved in the process.
- Storage for Containers – Wednesday, Aug 30, 11:30am-12:30pm – STO3191BU: Are you still debating whether persistent storage and stateful applications are appropriate for containerization? This session will cover current state of container storage and how we bring enterprise-grade, reliable, scalable vSphere storage to container orchestrator of your choice (Docker Swarm or Google Kubernetes).
Last but not least, we have a bonus session for you that is a must attend. This is the Modernize Data Center Solution Keynote, Transforming the Data Center to Deliver Any Application on Any Platform scheduled on Tuesday, Aug 29, 4-5.50pm. This keynote will feature customers, latest demos and discuss products and solutions including vSAN, VMware Cloud Foundation, vRealize Suite and Developer Ready Infrastructure. Sign up to hear more about the larger VMware story of modernization with Chris Wolf (VMware CTO), Yanbing Li (SABU GM), and many others!