With the Launch of Virtual SAN™ (see www.vmware.com/now for replay if you missed it), VMware announced two ways that customers can build and deploy a Virtual SAN™ node:
1) Choose from recommended list of Ready Node configurations
- Ready Node is a certified combination of components (Server, I/O, HDD and SSD) rather than an individual product listing.
- We’re excited to work with Cisco, Dell, Fujitsu, and Supermicro in rolling out multiple Ready Nodes within 30 days of Virtual SAN GA.
2) Select individual components using the Virtual SAN Compatibility Guide:
- Any server on vSphere Hardware Compatibility List
- Multi-level cell SSD (or better) or PCIe SSD
- SAS/NL-SAS HDD, Select SATA HDDs
- 6Gb enterprise-grade HBA/RAID controller
In addition to the Ready Nodes listed from these four partners, we are actively working with our partner ecosystem to expand the list of certified components and Ready Nodes, so make sure you always check latest information on the VMware Compatibility Guide http://www.vmware.com/go/virtualsan-hcl