In the midst of a global pandemic, it’s refreshing to hear some of the good that companies around the world are doing to be a force for good. This week on the Virtually Speaking Podcast we take a moment to highlight a few of the things happening at VMware that impact it’s employees, partners and customers. This by no means is an exaustive list of contributors, but we are happy to share conversations with CEO Pat Gelsinger, William Lam, and EUC CTO Brian Madden. Enjoy!
- Message from Pat Gelsinger on COVID-19
- VMware Global Response to COVID-19
- VMware Business Continuity Solutions
- Folding at Home
- VMware appliance for Folding at Home
- William’s Blog
- Special VMUG Advantage Homelab Group Buy
- VMware is now offering an extended free trial of Workspace One for 90 days and up to 100 devices for anyone who signs up before July 31.
- • Andy Morgan released the alpha of the Wake On Lan Mesh Service, written for people wishing to power manage computers for remote access. (Version 1.1 is now available.)
- Criselda Flores, a pre-sales engineer at VMware, wrote about accessing network file shares via per-app VPN using Workspace ONE.
- Brian Madden recent posts:
- Brian Madden’s Book: The VDI Delusion
- Brian Madden’s Podcasts:
Also, William Lam is partnering up with @MyVMUG to bring to the @VMware Community Special @VMUGAdv #Homelab Group Buy! This will be great way to get access to latest #vSphere7, vSAN 7, NSX-T 3.0 & upcoming VCF 4.0 which includes vSphere w/Kuberentes! More details here
The Virtually Speaking Podcast
The Virtually Speaking Podcast is a weekly technical podcast dedicated to discussing VMware topics related to storage and availability. Each week Pete Flecha and John Nicholson bring in various subject matter experts from VMware and within the industry to discuss their respective areas of expertise. If you’re new to the Virtually Speaking Podcast check out all episodes on vSpeakingPodcast.com and follow on twitter @VirtSpeaking.