VMworld is around the corner – this is your opportunity to be_TOMORROW with industry leaders, as well as your colleagues!
With hundreds of breakout sessions, hands-on labs and group discussions planned, the information will be abundant at VMworld. Of course, this includes information coming directly from VMware’s Storage and Availability solutions team. Take a look at what they have planned at this year’s VMworld in Las Vegas:
VMware Booth and HCI Zone
One of the highest trafficked areas of every VMworld is the Solutions Exchange floor, with hundreds of VMware customers and partners to network and collect information from, this is one area you won’t want to miss. The VMware Booth will contain presentations and product demos for our VMware products, including VMware Virtual SAN. Of course, VMware technical experts will be on the floor to answer any questions you may have!
If you’re in search of a more hyper-converged area, you’re in luck! The HCI Zone will also be on the Solutions Exchange floor. We’ll have more info around that in a blog coming later this week.
Looking to leverage, drive and develop your own assessment practice for Virtual SAN? The SDDC Assessment-Led Selling Showcase will be in Las Vegas! Located at the Delano Hotel, Room Sienna F and G, you’ll be able to not only discover Virtual SAN and NSX assessment-led selling approaches, but also vSphere Optimization Assessment.
VMworld Day 1 – Monday August 29
On Day 1 of VMworld, we invite you to join one of our spotlight sessions featuring Christos Karamanolis, Principal Engineer at VMware and the CTO of the Storage and Availability Business Unit, and Lee Caswell, VP of Products, SABU at VMware.
STO9424-S – VSAN Vision - The Future of HCI – Monday, 8/29, 11am-12pm
During this spotlight session, Christos and Lee will be discussing how to take HCI mainstream, as well as give a briefing on key architectural aspects that drive efficiency, flexibility, and cost-savings along with what’s next for VMware’s HCI vision. Read more about the session here.
Panel Discussion featuring Skip Bacon
Skip Bacon, VP of Partner Development for SABU at VMware, will be hosting a panel discussion of VMware Virtual SAN customers who have successfully deployed hyper-converged infrastructure in their environment for a variety of workloads.
STO8488 – Hyperconvergence Panel Discussion: Exploring the “Reality” of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure and Virtual SAN – 8/29, 2pm-3pm
This customer panel will help you discover why these customers chose VMware hyper-converged software and infrastructure solutions, including the factors they considered, as well as how they architected their VSAN environment
VMworld Day 2 – Tuesday August 30
Yanbing Li General Session
On Day 2 of VMworld, August 30th, Yanbing Li, Senior VP and GM of Storage and Availability Business Unit at VMware, will be taking the main stage at the VMworld General Session. During this time, Yanbing will be talking about VMware’s commitment to HCI, as well as the increasing presence of VMware Virtual SAN.
Additional Key Storage and Availability Business Unit Sessions
There will be a lot more Virtual SAN sessions to sate your appetite for information around storage and hyper-converged infrastructure. Take a look at our featured list below:
Virtual SAN Sessions
- STO7902 – VMware Virtual SAN: Enterprise-Grade Storage for Hyper-Converged Infrastructures – Monday, 8/29, 5:30pm-6:30pm
- STO7903 - An Industry Roadmap: From Storage to Data Management - Wednesday, 8/31, 4pm-5pm
- STO7535 - Conducting a Successful Virtual SAN 6.2 Proof of Concept - Wednesday, 8/ 31, 8:30am-9:30am
- STO8562 - Deployable and Tactical Hyper-Converged Software (HCS) for the Battlefield - Wednesday, 8/31, 2:30pm-3:30pm
- STO9058 - Evolution of VMware Virtual SAN - Tuesday, 8/30, 11am-12pm
- STO7560 - Four Unique Enterprise Customers Deployment of VMware Virtual SAN - Tuesday, 8/30, 5pm-6pm
- STO9607-SPO - Running Business Critical Applications and the Software Defined Data Center on Hyper-Converged Infrastructure at the Speed of Flash - Monday, 8/29, 5:30pm-6:30pm
- STO7802 - Simplifying Disaster Recovery in 2016 using VSAN, NSX and SRM - Tuesday, 8/30, 3:30pm-4:30pm
- STO7650 - Software-Defined Storage at VMware Primer - Tuesday, 8/30, 2pm-3pm
- STO7557 - Successful Virtual SAN 6 Stretched Clusters - Tuesday, 8/30, 12:30pm-1:30pm
- STO7953 - The Future is Here: Turbocharge All Flash Virtual SAN with Next Generation Hardware - Tuesday, 8/30, 12:30pm-1:30pm
- STO8256 - Virtual SAN: Introducing the Best HCI Platform for Containers and Cloud-Native Applications - Monday, 8/29, 2pm-3pm
Virtual Volumes, an integration and management framework for external storage that allows for finer control at the VM-level, will also be a hot topic of conversation at this year’s VMworld. See the list below for our featured Virtual Volumes sessions:
Virtual Volumes Sessions
- STO7645 – Virtual Volumes Technical Deep Dive – Monday, 8/29, 11am-12pm
- STO8619 – Transitioning to VVols: Partner Panel: Wednesday, 8/31, 4pm-5pm
- STO8694 – High-Speed Heroics: Array-based Replication and Recovery for VMware Virtual Volumes – Tuesday, 8/30, 5pm-6pm
- STO9977-QT – 5 Tips for Getting the Most from Virtual Volumes and vSphere Storage Policy-Based Management – Sunday, 8/28, 1pm-1:30pm
- STO8159 – Snapshots Suck: How VSAN and VVol fix all your operational nightmares – Wednesday, 8/31, 11:30am-12:30pm
VxRail will also be present at the show! We invite you to learn more about the fully integrated, preconfigured, and jointly engineered VMware hyper-converged infrastructure appliance on the market. At VMworld, not only can you test out VxRail at our Hands-on Labs, touch and see it at the HCI Zone, but also join the VxRail Introduction Workshop to learn more.
ELW-1728-SDC-1 – VxRail Introduction Workshop
Monday, 8/29, 2pm-3:30pm and Wednesday 8/31, 12pm-1:30pm
This Expert-led Workshop will give you an overview of VxRail, the fastest way to stand up a fully virtualized SDDC. There’s also a Self-Paced version of this lab – SPL-1728-SDC-1, available any time the Hands-on Labs are open. In addition to our VxRail Hands-on Lab, there will be plenty of other labs for you to experience VMware products. Take a look at all the Hands-On Labs available in the VMworld Content Catalog.
Stay tuned later this week for our blog giving more details around the HCI Zone, as well as other activities driven by the VMware Storage and Availability Unit solutions team.
The excitement for VMworld is building – we’ll see you in Las Vegas! be_TOMORROW!