Featuring Blog Posts from the VMTN Network
VMware Blog Posts VMTN Network Member Blog Posts
- Discover Madrid is coming soon – what you need to knowBlog Name: Around the Storage Block Author: HPEStorageGuy
Whether you are coming to Discover in Madrid or not, I have all the info you need to get the most out of the event or to watch from where ever you are.
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 22:10:55
- How to monitor eventlog for ReFS error ID 133Blog Name: All About Virtualization Author: Andreas Lesslhumer
If you use ReFS for your Veeam repositories it makes sense to monitor the Windows Event Log for error ID 133 (“The file system detected a checksum error and was not able to correct it. The name of the file...Read more Der Beitrag How to monitor eventlog for ReFS error ID 133 erschien zuerst auf All about virtualization.
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 20:33:47
- Automating Horizon 7 Deployments with VMware Cloud FoundationBlog Name: Cloud Foundation Author: Josh Townsend
VMware Cloud Foundation simplifies the deployment of private cloud infrastructure, turning lengthy and complex implementations into fully automated workflows. When the workflow is complete, customers have a complete vSphere + vSAN + NSX infrastructure that is ready to run business workloads, including Horizon 7 for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). In Cloud Foundation, business workloads are The post Automating Horizon 7 Deployments with VMware Cloud Foundation appeared first on Cloud Found[...]
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 20:18:27
- Cloud infrastructure adoption: 5 keys for a successful migrationBlog Name: VirtualizationAdmin.com Author: Benjamin Roussey
The cloud is powerful, but migrations are not easy. This guide helps you make sure your enterprise’s cloud infrastructure adoption is quick and successful. The post Cloud infrastructure adoption: 5 keys for a successful migration appeared first on TechGenix.
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 20:00:22
- Transforming Cybersecurity as We Know It: A New Security ModelBlog Name: VMware Radius Author: Marco Leone
The current security model is a failure. According to Gartner, Inc., worldwide spending on information security products and services will reach $86.4 billion in 2017, an increase of 7 percent over 2016, but the cost of data breaches significantly exceeds that amount. By the year 2019, Forbes predicts the cost will rise to $2 trillion [...] The post Transforming Cybersecurity as We Know It: A New Security Model appeared first on VMware Radius.
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 19:34:54
- What to Expect at AWS re:Invent 2017Blog Name: Global Knowledge Training Blog Author: Paige Smith
It’s the most wonderful time of the year … again … already! Sure, the holidays are approaching, but every AWS user, partner, IT pro, cloud guru and fanatic is looking forward to one thing and one thing only: AWS re:Invent 2017. The event runs from Nov. 27 to Dec. 1 and has been sold out for a while now.
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 18:14:55
- VMware Cloud Foundation 2.2 SoS toolBlog Name: Cloud Foundation Author: Heath Johnson
VMware Cloud Foundation is a best-in-class fully integrated hybrid cloud platform, that includes compute, storage, networking, and security. This hybrid cloud platform with its ability to fully automate the SDDC (software defined data center) deployment and automate software updates, it is the most comprehensive SDDC solution from VMware. Day 2 operational tasks are also enhanced by a The post VMware Cloud Foundation 2.2 SoS tool appeared first on Cloud Foundation.
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 18:04:15
- Managing network vulnerabilities: Here’s how the best IT security pros do it — and you should, tooBlog Name: VirtualizationAdmin.com Author: Rahul Sharma
Network vulnerabilities management is often ignored by organizations, at their own peril. This guide can help you keep your organization safe and secure. The post Managing network vulnerabilities: Here’s how the best IT security pros do it — and you should, too appeared first on TechGenix.
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 18:00:19
- Using Touch ID on Macbook Pro for sudo AuthenticationBlog Name: Disco Posse Author: DiscoPosse
Full credit goes to Cabel Sasser (@cabel) on this one for sharing the original tip. I’m simply sharing it here and showing the process to prove the awesomeness of this capability. Pro MacBook Pro Tip: have a Touch Bar with Touch ID? If you edit /etc/pam.d/sudo and add the following line to the top… auth
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 16:39:57
- New Release: VMware PowerCLI 6.5.4Blog Name: PowerCLI Author: Kyle Ruddy
It feels just like yesterday that we released PowerCLI 6.5.3. Shockingly, it was less than a month ago when we released the brand-new module to help manage and automate your NSX-T environments. Yet, we’re back with another brand-new module to manage VMware Cloud on AWS environments as well as a bunch of new and updated [...] The post New Release: VMware PowerCLI 6.5.4 appeared first on VMware PowerCLI Blog.
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 16:13:44
- Keep your computer healthy: 9 tips on the care and grooming of your PCBlog Name: VirtualizationAdmin.com Author: Mitch Tulloch
Helpdesk and support technicians often have the unenviable job of repairing PCs that have been abused. Here's how to keep your computer healthy and running. The post Keep your computer healthy: 9 tips on the care and grooming of your PC appeared first on TechGenix.
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 16:00:14
- Predictions As A ServiceBlog Name: The Networking Nerd Author: networkingnerd
It’s getting close to the end of the year and it’s time once again for the yearly December flood of posts that will be predicting what’s coming in 2018. Long time readers of my blog know that I don’t do ... Continue Reading →
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 15:40:40
- vSpeaking Podcast Episode 62: Virtualizing SQL ServerBlog Name: vSAN / Virtual Blocks Author: Pete Flecha
It wasn’t that long ago that SQL Server was considered too resource-intensive to successfully virtualize. A new generation of hardware and advances in vSphere have made it much more common however it’s still easy to make mistakes that can result in poorly performing SQL Server VMs. This week we discuss SQL Server with Argenis Fernandez The post vSpeaking Podcast Episode 62: Virtualizing SQL Server appeared first on Virtual Blocks.
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 15:14:20
- Performance Optimized VM of Windows Server 2016 On ESXi 6.5 Creation Steps [Guide]Blog Name: ESX Virtualization Author: Vladan SEGET
While it’s fairly simple to take the defaults, for VM hardware components, It’s not always the best ones when it comes to performance. In this post, we will explore the different possibilities to give you the opportunity to create performance Optimized VM of Windows Server 2016 On ESXi 6.5 directly from the installation. We’ll use [...] Read the full post Performance Optimized VM of Windows Server 2016 On ESXi 6.5 Creation Steps [Guide] at ESX Virtualization.
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 12:49:00
- vSphere Integrated Containers – additional Docker commandsBlog Name: Just Another IT Blog
vSphere Integrated Containers brings an enterprise container runtime into vSphere environments, where developers, who are familiar to Docker, can run their containerized applications transparently without even noticing it’s running on a nontraditional Docker host.In order to provide this seamless experience, VIC must provide a completely parity of supported commands with Docker. VMware has been putting a lot of efforts on each release to add as much commands as possible, making developers life[...]
Published on 2017-11-17 | Time 12:31:17