VMware Receives High Score in “High Security Unified Endpoint Management” Use Case in the New Gartner Report
VMware End User Computing (EUC) is pleased to announce that VMware scored highest in the “Secure UEM” use case in the inaugural “Gartner Critical Capabilities for High Security Mobility Management.”
We believe this recognition validates EUC’s investments made in multiple facets of security across the Workspace ONE platform, as well as the investments to deepen support for Windows, Mac, Chrome and Rugged/IoT platforms, enabling Workspace ONE to extend modern management beyond mobile for our customers. For those in high security industries such as banking and finance, aerospace and defense, federal agencies, healthcare, etc., we are pleased to provide access to the report here.
The below image depicts the High-Security Unified Endpoint Management use case scores:
Throughout the past two years, EUC has consistently rolled out new UEM and security capabilities, culminating in recent announcements at VMworld 2018 last month. These include:
- Workspace ONE Intelligence: a cloud service that aggregates and correlates data and events across the entire digital workspace -devices, users, apps, and networks -to provided data-driven recommendations and automations that reduce IT time and cost, ensure application performance and user experience, and improves security
- Workspace ONE Trust Network: an ecosystem of security partners leveraging Workspace ONE Intelligence APIs to send their threat intelligence feeds, detected compromised devices, attempted data access, and more for correlation and remediation as necessary.
- Win10 UEM Security Innovations:
- Derived Credentials: support for derived credentials for organizations using CAC/PIV smart cards to access applications
- Enhanced Boxer Secure Email: added FIPS encryption, classification markings, S/MIME support, CAC/PIV and MFA support for organizations requiring containerized email for BYO and COPE use cases
- Office 365 DLP and VMware Send: support for Microsoft Graph APIs for Office data loss prevention policies. Customers that use Workspace ONE secure containers through Boxer and other VMware apps or through integration of the Workspace ONE SDK with internally developed apps can persist Office 365 DLP policies associated with Office files in the Workspace ONE container environment using the VMware Send app
VMware EUC continues to invest in security across the Workspace ONE platform, applications, and infrastructure. In support of Workspace ONE security, VMware has attained many certifications and accreditations required by our customers, including FIPS 140-2 encryption, NIAP Common Criteria, DISA STIG, UK CESG, and Australia DSD. We encourage you to access Gartner’s Critical Capabilities for High Security Unified Endpoint Management and look for more security-related news at VMworld Barcelona in November 2018!
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from VMware.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Product or Service “Ratings” on Critical Capabilities (“Table” data) may not be quoted or cited.