Project Monterey is the next major step in the evolution of cloud infrastructure for modern applications, including bare-metal workloads. Project Monterey reimagines the virtual infrastructure as a distributed control fabric through tight integration with DPUs (Data Processing Unit – also known as SmartNICs). VMware is leading an industry wide initiative to deliver a solution for its customers by bringing together the best of breed DPU silicon (NVIDIA, Pensando Systems, Intel) and server designs (Dell Technologies, HPE, Lenovo). We are on the cusp of delivering on our commitment to our customers and partners. Until then, here are some articles that will help you learn more about Project Monterey.
- VMware announced Project Monterey as a Tech Preview initiative at VMworld 2020
- VMware announced the availability of Early Access program during VMworld 2021
- NVIDIA announced the availability of it’s Early Access program based on Dell and Lenovo servers
- The rise of DPUs – a blog on what DPUs are and how they are becoming essential building blocks of the next-gen data center architecture
- vChat from VMworld – A podcast that unpacks the technical details on Project Monterey
- IDC white paper on current challenges faced by the data center infrastructure and how Project Monterey can solve them
- Quick 6 page read – Project Monterey eBook