The Cloud Platform Business Unit is making our final preparations for VMworld US 2017, and we are coming to Vegas with so much to share with you. We’re especially excited to talk with you about the importance of upgrading to vSphere 6.5, and the technical possibilities that are opened up with this version of vSphere.
This post is an attempt to pull together information about all the activities we have planned for VMworld US into one location. We’ll see you soon!
Sessions at VMworld US 2017
- The master list of our sessions, broken up by category, has its own page on the vSphere blog.
- Here are our last-minute session suggestions for you:
- Tuesday, 1:00 PM:
- Session number: SER1361BU
- Title: Security Operations for VMware vSphere with VMware vRealize Log Insight
- Presenters: Mike Foley, Edward Haletky
- Why attend? You need to understand configuration drift, service and user access. See how vSphere 6.5 logging helps make this possible.
- Tuesday, 2:30 PM:
- Session number: SER2413BU
- Title: NVMe: What Is It? An Interface? A Protocol? A New Drive Technology? An Industry Revolution?
- Presenters: Sudhanshu (Suds) Jain, Sudhanshu Jain, Adrian Marinescu
- Why attend? You need to understand NVMe, and what VMware has been doing from the beginning to help you take advantage of it in your environment.
- Tuesday, 5:30 PM
- Session number: SER1912BU
- Title: VMware Open-Source SDKs: From Getting Started to Web App in One Hour
- Presenters: Alan Renouf, Steve Trefethen
- Why attend? You want to know more about VMware software development kits (SDKs), and want to walk out of the session knowing how to use SDKs to build a web app!
- Tuesday, 1:00 PM:
- The PowerCLI blog published a post with their list of their recommended sessions.
- Interested in big data on vSphere? Here’s a list of suggested sessions on that topic.
- Are you involved with using open source on vSphere? Check out this blog post.
Kick off VMworld with an upgrade to 6.5 technical workshop
On Sunday, August 27, we are offering two 3-hour deep dive workshops to help answer your questions about upgrading to vSphere 6.5. The first session is from 9AM – 12PM. Bring your upgrade scenario, and Emad Younis and Adam Eckerle will walk you through the recommended upgrade path that you should take.
The second session is from 1PM – 4PM. VMware Solutions Architects and System Engineers will answer your questions about upgrading to vSphere 6.5.
You must register to attend, and there is still space left! Sign up here.
Come see us in the VMworld US 2017 booth!
We’ll have experts in our booth to talk about all things vSphere. Have a question? Here are the times we’ll be in the booth:
- Sun Aug 27: 5:00PM – 7:30PM
- Mon Aug 28: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
- Tue Aug 29: 11:00AM – 6:00PM
- Wed Aug 30: 10:00AM – 5:00PM
Here are some of the things we’ll be talking about:
- Simplified vSphere Administration
- vCenter Server Appliance and HA
- vSphere Lifecycle Management
- REST-based APIs
- HTML 5 vSphere Client
- vSphere Upgrades
- Comprehensive vSphere Security at Scale
- At-Rest and In-Motion Encryption
- Secure Chain of Trust
- Audit Quality Loggig
- Proactive Data Center Management
- Proactive HA
- DRS / Intelligent Workload Placement
- Predictive DRS
- New Workloads
- vSphere Scale-Out
- Tech Preview: Persistent Memory
- Tech Preview: vGPU
- Tech Preview: RDMA
- vSphere Upgrades
- How to Upgrade
- VCSA Migration Tool
- Topology Planning Tool
Help us design the VMware Cloud on AWS experience
Have you ever wanted to help VMware design how a product works? You can do that at VMworld! The VMware Cloud on AWS User Experience team is looking for design partner. Get the chance to have your voice heard on how this new product works. You’ll be required to sign an NDA. Details and sign-up information in this blog post.
Get a free evaluation of your environment in the SDDC lounge
Need personalized guidance about your VMware implantation? We’ve brought back the SDDC Lounge for VMworld US 2017. Head over to the lounge and our experts will help you analyze your environment to understand what steps you can take to make it even better. The lounge will be in the Four Seasons Hotel, Desert Willow Room. It will be open Sunday from 1 -5, and Monday and Tuesday from 11 – 5.
Bring your hardest questions to our experts
Our experts will be in the Meet the Expert area. If you have a particularly hard question, make sure to plan to visit them.
|Sun||4||1:00 – 2:00||MTE4728-SER||Abhijith Prabhudev|
|Sun||4||2:00 – 3:00||MTE4717-SER||Mark Achtemichuk|
|Sun||4||3:00 -4:00||MTE4719-SER||Adam Eckerle|
|Mon||4||11:15 – 12:00||MTE4717-SER||Mark Achtemichuk|
|Mon||4||12:15 – 1:00||MTE4720-SER||Frank Denneman|
|Mon||4||1:15 – 2:00||MTE4729-SER||Emad Younis|
|Mon||4||2:15 – 3:00||MTE4724-SER||William Lam|
|Mon||4||3:15 – 4:00||MTE4716-SER||Mike Foley|
|Mon||7||3:15 – 4:00||MTE4726-SER||Vishwa Srikaanth|
|Mon||4||4:15 – 4:00||MTE4718-SER||Eric Gray|
|Mon||4||5:15 – 6:00||MTE4722-SER||Kyle Ruddy|
|Tues||4||11:15 – 12:00||MTE4716-SER||Mike Foley|
|Tues||4||12:15 – 1:00||MTE4721-SER||Kyle Ruddy|
|Tues||4||1:15 – 2:00||MTE4718-SER||Eric Gray|
|Tues||4||2:15 – 3:00||MTE4723-SER||Alan Renouf|
|Tues||4||3:15 – 4:00||MTE4719-SER||Adam Eckerle|
|Wed||7||9:15 – 4:00||MTE4729-SER||Emad Younis|
|Wed||4||9:15 – 10:00||MTE4719-SER||Adam Eckerle|
|Wed||4||10:15 – 11:00||MTE4720-SER||Frank Denneman|
|Wed||4||11:15 – 12:00||MTE4724-SER||William Lam|
|Wed||4||12:15 – 1:00||MTE4725-SER||Ravi Soundararajan|
|Wed||4||1:15 – 2:00||MTE4723-SER||Alan Renouf|
|Wed||4||2:15 – 3:00||MTE4721-SER||Kyle Ruddy|
|Wed||4||3:15 – 4:00||MTE4727-SER||Dennis Lu|
|Wed||4||4:15 – 4:00||MTE4716-SER||Mike Foley|
|Thurs||7||10:45 – 11:30||MTE4729-SER||Emad Younis|
|Thurs||4||10:45 – 11:30||MTE4718-SER||Eric Gray|
|Thurs||4||11:45 – 12:30||MTE4721-SER||Kyle Ruddy|
|Thurs||4||12:45 – 1:30||MTE4720-SER||Frank Denneman|
|Thurs||4||1:45 – 2:30||MTE4723-SER||Alan Renouf|
Get your hands dirty in a hands-on lab
Try out the new features of vSphere 6.5 in a hands-on lab. Here are the HOLs that are specific to vSphere:
- HOL-1804-01-SDC: [vSphere 6.5] Performance Diagnostics and Benchmarking
- HOL-1804-02-CHG: [vSphere 6.5] Challenge Lab
- HOL-1811-01-SDC: [vSphere v6.5] What’s New
- HOL-1811-02-SDC: [vSphere with Operations Management] Getting Started
- HOL-1811-03-SDC: [vSphere with Operations Management] Advanced Topics
- HOL-1811-04-SDC: [vSphere Security] Getting Started
- HOL-1811-05-SDC: [vSphere Automation] PowerCLI
- HOL-1811-06-SDC: [vSphere Automation and Development] API and SDK
- HOL-1811-07-SDC: [vSphere HTML Client SDK] Build a Plugin
- HOL-1830-01-CAN: [PhotonOS and Container Basics] Getting Started
- HOL-1830-02-CAN: [vSphere Integrated Containers] Getting Started
- HOL-1831-01-CAN: [vSphere Integrated Containers Kubernetes] Advanced Topics
- HOL-1810-01-SDC: Virtualization 101
Be part of a hackathon
Hack with others to build new ways to use VMware solutions! This is available in Las Vegas and Barcelona, and you must sign up via the session builder. This blog post has all the details on signing up and preparing for the hackathon.