In Q4, 2013, Pivotal CF 1.0 was made available to customers and the vSphere team announced that VMware will begin resell of Pivotal CF. Pivotal CF is the commercially supported hybrid Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) based on the Cloud Foundry platform and optimized to run on VMware vSphere. It provides a turnkey PaaS experience for development teams to rapidly develop, update and grow applications dynamically on a private cloud allowing enterprises to operate at Internet scale for continuous delivery.
I am excited to announce the 1.1 release of Pivotal CF. With Pivotal CF 1.1, customers can utilize useful improvements to version 1.0 such as improved developer debugging, buildpack administration, higher availability and simple experience for adding new services through the service broker.
What’s new with Pivotal CF 1.1?
- Improved app event log aggregation: developers can now go to a unified log stream for full application event visibility
- Buildpack Management: operators can add new runtimes using buildpacks and control the order in which buildpacks are applied
- Higher availability: this release introduces a 3rd generation application health manager for higher system and application availability
- Simple experience for adding new Services: providers can develop and expose new services in the Pivotal CF catalog using a streamlined V2 Service Broker API
- Faster Developer Console: faster, with enhanced usability in managing teams and interacting with services
- Faster CF CLI: faster, with native installers for all modern platforms and versions of Windows, OSX, and Linux
- And more…
For more information on the 1.1 release of Pivotal CF, please click here