Redefine Data Center Agility for as Low as 44 Cents per GB*
Industry leaders agree – the underlying infrastructure of today’s data centers needs an overhaul to keep up with the rate of big data inflation. Hear from several who believe optimized flash solutions are the key to building simple, agile, less expensive systems that scale.
Micron, Supermicro and VMware partnered to design all-flash Accelerated VMware Virtual Ready Nodes to enable state-of-the-art data center efficiencies. Available for the first time in Virtual SAN 6.2 – and powered by Micron enterprise SSDs and advanced DRAM – these solutions provide predictable high performance that’s easy to deploy and manage, while enabling the key capabilities of Virtual SAN™ 6.2.
The Micron Accelerated VMware Virtual SAN Ready Nodes leverage our M510DC 600GB SSD for the cache layer and the M510DC 960GB SSD for capacity layer. This all-SSD VSAN platform offers exceptional overall capacity and application-level performance to power business critical workloads and simplify the IT infrastructure.
Micron's M510DC 600GB SSD delivers optimized capacity and tuned caching, making it the perfect balance of capacity, performance and price for the caching tier of VMware Virtual SAN 6.2.
Learn more about VMware Hyper-Converged Software (HCS) and Virtual SAN 6.2. This excellent deck tells the VMware Virtual SAN story!
For more details on Intel® Storage Builders and VMware, visit the VMware partner microsite to learn about how Intel® optimized VMware Hyper-Converged Software solutions based on Intel® architecture bring together best-in-class compute, storage, networking virtualization, and management offerings.
VMware Validated Design for an Al-Flash VSAN with NSX running high workload Oracle – A VMware, Intel and Quanta Project from Principled Technologies
The rigorous process of following a VMware Validated Design (V2D) to build a Business Critical Applications (BCA) database architecture was made more interesting by focusing on VSAN and NSX on Quanta Hardware with Intel SSDs. On this All-Flash architecture we chose to run the Oracle RDBMS version 12c under high workload using the formidable workload generator known as the “Silly Little Oracle Benchmark” or “SLOB”. Six compute nodes were concurrently loaded with the SLOB tool which generated an extreme workload that would be highly uncommon in any practical customer environment. The details are available in the full report linked below but it should be noted that at 200k IOPS the read latency averaged 5ms. This was truly a BCA workload and this is an effective BCA architecture.
The functional testing was even more impressive. All 6 compute nodes were transitioned through a vMotion under the load referenced above to a secondary site running an equal workload to simulate a full site evacuation in just over 8minutes. True VMware classic functionality under heavy BCA-Oracle workload on an All-Flash VSAN leveraging NSX. The SDDC can be considered complete for high workload BCA applications and Databases.
This demonstration showcases the extensible deployment and configuration flexibility of VMware Virtual SAN through the use of command line interface tools such as PowerCLI by automating the creation of all of the necessary artifacts required to successfully prepared and form an 8 node all-flash VMware Virtual cluster with a single PowerCLI script.
• PRIMEFLEX for VMware VSAN - CX is based on Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY CX400 M1 systems featuring 4 half-wide dual socket server nodes with up to 8 Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processors, 64 DIMMs and 24 disk drives in a single 2U enclosure delivering highest computing performance per rack
• The high-density design consumes 50% less rack space compared to standard rack servers enabling extensive scale-out scenarios while reducing data center footprint
• The Fujitsu Cool-safe® advanced thermal design reduces cooling costs by up to 27%
• Hot-plug server nodes, power supplies and disk drives enable enhanced availability and easy serviceability
• With the “Fujitsu System Architect” Fujitsu provides a purpose-built configuration tool that enables easy configuration and ordering of a complete HCI system resulting in faster time to production
• Fujitsu offers a single point of contact for support for both the hardware and the software which translates into easier collaboration and faster resolution times
Fujitsu PRIMEFLEX for VMware VSAN - Redefine data center agility with Fujitsu integrated systems based on the best-performing server platform for VMware vSphere – FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY.