Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) is one of the fastest growing areas in IT, and VMware vSAN is the fastest growing solution in HCI. With an 8000+ customer base that’s expanding everyday like wild fire, there is tremendous appetite for knowledge learning by IT professionals in the customer, partner, sales and service communities. It is with great pleasure that we announce general availability of the VMware vSAN 2017 Specialist badge offered by VMware Education Services.
What is the badge
VMware skills are recognized, respected and valued globally throughout the IT industry. A VMware Digital Badges is authenticated by VMware as a single source that combines your credentials and provides a complete overview of your skills in the subject.
The vSAN 2017 Specialist badge certifies a technical expert who understands the vSAN 6.6 architecture and its complete feature set, who knows how to conduct a vSAN design and deployment exercise, who can implement a live vSAN HCI environment based on certified hardware & software components and best practices, and who can administer & operation a vSAN cluster properly.
Who is the target audience
HCI is one of the center pieces of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), and evolving to become a critical component of the hybrid cloud. Therefore, vSAN has broad appeals to IT professionals in a number of different roles. Examples of roles can include but are not limited to:
- Customer or partner cloud architect/engineer
- Customer or partner virtualization (vSphere) architect/engineer
- Customer or partner storage architect/engineer
- Customer or partner CI and HCI architect/engineer
- VMware Professional Services consultant and technical account manager
- VMware Global Support Services support and escalation engineer
- VMware systems engineer
How to earn the badge
The vSAN Specialist badge can be earned after meeting the following criteria:
- Earn any VMware VCP6 or later version (e.g. VCP6-DCV, VCP6.5-DCV, VCP6-NV, VCP6-CMA, VCP7-CMA, VCP6-DTM, VCP7-DTM). Details are available at https://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/certification/
- (Recommended) Complete the latest Hands-On Lab (HOL) for vSAN, including the minimal viable add-ons, available at http://labs.hol.vmware.com/HOL/catalogs/catalog/681
- Pass the VMware Specialist: vSAN 6.6 exam (2VB-601), available at any Pearson VUE test center. The supporting course for the exam is vSAN Deploy and Manage [6.6] (ILT or Live Online), available at https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/courses.cfm?ui=www_edu&a=one&id_subject=79177. The exam has a set of technically challenging vSAN questions, requiring a high pass score. Although the Deploy and Manage course is not required, it is highly recommended for those who do not have extensive experience with vSAN.
In summary, the VMware vSAN Specialist badge proves your expertise on vSAN and vSAN HCI environments. It provides employers with easy, valid verification of your VMware vSAN credential.
If you are coming to VMworld 2017, you can learn more about the badge in the Education & Certification Lounge in VM Village. And, you can take the exam at the Certification Exam Center at the conference. We have a little gift for you if you pass!
Happy learning, happy testing, and turbo charge your HCI career with the vSAN 2017 Specialist badge!
5 comments have been added so far
It is really a nice exam. I passed it this morning. Make sure you know all the points from the exam prep guide.
See you @VMworld
Congrats Marc sir…
Looking forward to this, the labs a very nice !