As its motto says, the Hillview open source project is “big data for the 99% of enterprises.” And with the torrential influx of “things” entering businesses and homes everywhere, toolsets for big data exploration are in high demand. Fortunately for your IT and operations teams, Hillview can handle datasets with a billion rows—interactively.
Click over to the VMware OCTO Blog to read the full story, which dives into how Hillview accomplishes this amazing feat of big-data browsing with:
- Simplified point-and-click interface.
- Data visualization at the highest and deepest levels.
- Fast response times, thanks to cloud-based availability.
“Hillview is still an early prototype, but we are excited by its capabilities. We decided to keep this as an open-source project, to make it readily accessible to the maximum number of users and contributors.”
—VMware Research Group on the VMware OCTO Blog
Because you liked this blog:
- The Inspiration Behind Open Source Project Harbor
- Meet the Team: VMware Open Source Technology Center
- Spork! An Open Source Fork Utensil