Now Available! New VMware vRealize Operations 6.6
VMware announced general availability for its entire portfolio of operations management products – vRealize Operations 6.6, vRealize Log Insight 4.5, vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3 and vRealize Network Insight 3.4.
The new vRealize Operations 6.6 release offers an integrated experience with vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Business for Cloud, delivering the complete “intelligent operations” use case. This release will deliver several game-changing innovations, redesigned user experience, and greater/deeper integration across software defined datacenter (SDDC) technologies and multiple public clouds.
Intelligent operations solution is designed to help customers plan, manage and scale their software defined data centers (SDDC) and multi-cloud environments. The new vRealize Operations 6.6 release is available to evaluate and download. For more information visit the vRealize Operations web page.
vRealize Operations 6.6 will bring together all management functions – performance management, capacity, log analytics, cost analytics, planning, topology analysis, troubleshooting and automated workload balancing – in one integrated, highly intuitive, scalable and extensible platform.
VMware vRealize Operations 6.6 integrated with vRealize Log Insight 4.5 and vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3 delivers core capabilities around:
- Application-aware SDDC and multi-cloud monitoring to help customers accelerate adoption of SDDC and integrate public clouds. Native SDDC integrations such as with VMware vSAN and VMware Cloud Foundation, redesigned intuitive user interface, unified visibility from applications to infrastructure and actionable insights combining metrics and logs deliver quick time to value. Customers get a unified operations view into applications and infrastructure health, visualize key performance indicators and infrastructure components dependencies. Predictive analytics and smart alerts enable proactive remediation of performance problems. Simple actionable out-of-the-box persona-based dashboards, metrics and logs side-by-side, custom dashboards, reports and views enable role-based access and smarter troubleshooting.
- Automated and proactive performance management helps customers simplify operations, avoid disruption and free up time for more strategic tasks. The new capabilities in vRealize Operations 6.6. include fully automated workload balancing across hosts, clusters and datastores supporting both VMotion and Storage VMotion. It also offers full Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) management and predictive DRS. Predictive DRS combines predictive analytics from vRealize Operations with DRS capabilities to inform DRS of an expected spike in load so that DRS can move VMs before contention occurs. Anomalies and issues can be proactively detected and automatically remediated before end users are impacted.
- Cloud Planning, capacity optimization and compliance – Upcoming vRealize Operations 6.6 includes tight integration with vRealize Business for Cloud which appears as “Business Management” tab within the vRealize Operations UI. Now vRealize Operations can correlate operational metrics with cost insights to understand how capacity utilization drives cost optimization. Fine grained cost analysis for private cloud and ability to compare costs across private and multiple public clouds such as AWS and Azure accelerate cloud planning, budgeting and procurement decisions, control costs and reduce risk. Customers can optimize cost and resource usage through capacity management, reclamation and right sizing and improve planning and forecasting. Also included are new SDDC health dashboards and hardening across the entire SDDC stack including NSX and VSAN.
Below are some of the “spotlight” features and capabilities:
1. Redesigned User Interface
- Simplified Usability – New HTML5 UI has easier and consistent experience across all operations products
- Quicker Navigation – New “Getting Started” dashboard points you to the right place
- Accelerated Remediation – Persona-based dashboards provide the answers in one place – Operations, Troubleshooting, Cloud Capacity, Compliance and Config
- Quicker Time To Value – OOTB integrations
- Storage (vSAN), Logs (vRealize Log Insight), Business (vRealize Business for Cloud) and Automation (vRealize Automation)
2. Best for SDDC Management
- Complete native vSAN management
- Performance, Capacity, Logs, Configuration and Health
- No management pack required, 1-click to enable rich VSAN metrics/data
- Centralized management across vSAN stretched clusters
- Deploy vSAN with confidence with complete visibility down to disk level
- Operationalize vSAN with performance and capacity monitoring, including dedup and compression benefits
- SDDC Health Dashboard, including vSphere, NSX and vSAN
- SDDC-App-Operations-View with Health breakdown for each product
- Correlation of SDDC-App-component to underlying Infrastructure health (deployment instances and corresponding VM health)
- Service Discovery Management Pack
- Discover and list services and display the relationship between selected service and other services on other VMs.
- Visualize relationship of selected VM with other VMs
- Service Breakdown Across Environment
- Validate SRM protection group and recovery plan membership
3. Intelligent Workload Placement featuring Fully Automated Workload Balancing
- Ensure performance across the datacenter with fully automated workload balancing
- Across clusters
- Across data stores (w/ storage vMotion)
- Easily automatable
- Schedulable at a convenient maintenance window
- Ensure DRS Configurations – View and set DRS settings to drive better balance
- Avoid contention – Predictive DRS takes action before the contention occurs
- Proper Initial Placement – Utilize Operations analytics to optimize placement of workloads through vRA
4. Full 360-Degree Log Integration with vRealize Operations 6.6
- Full Integration in-context within vRealize Operations for faster troubleshooting
- Direct launch into Log insight Dashboard
- Direct launch into Log Insight Interactive Analytics mode
- Object auto-initiated log management
- vRealize Operations alerts auto-initiated log management
5. Cost Management Gets Easier with vRealize Operations 6.6
- Optimize Public Clouds Spending with more visibility
- Cost Visibility: Costing analysis for all services on AWS and Azure
- Usage Visibility: VM level usage visibility into public clouds
- Enhanced planning by correlating capacity and costs
- Fine grained cost analysis for private cloud
- Makes capacity optimization quantifiable
- Procurement planning
6. OOTB Compliance and Hardening
- Tackle compliance problems
- What is out of compliance
- New vSphere hardening dashboard
- Hardening across all SDDC components, vSAN, NSX, vCenter
- Extend Compliance – PCI & HIPAA compliance for vSphere
- Ensure business configurations – New cluster, host and VM configuration dashboards
The new vRealize Operations 6.6 release is available to evaluate and download. For more information visit the vRealize Operations web page.
9 comments have been added so far
Coming soon, sign up for the interest list and we’ll notify you
will there be an option to import data? would like build 6.6 green.
Custom dashboard, alerts etc can be imported into a fresh install.
Historical data would require upgrade or migration
How much of an effort to upgrade from v6.5? Is it worth it?
From vROPS6.5, it’s a 1-click upgrade. IMHO the new UI and features make it worth the upgrade.