Folks, today at VMworld Barcelona, we announced VMware vRealize Operations 6.0 (formerly vCenter Operations Management Suite). You can read more about today’s announcements in this press release, as well as in this blog post by Ramin Sayar.
In this post, I’d like to give you an overview of what’s new and exciting in vRealize Operations 6.0. For complete details on product capabilities and features, as well as how to try or buy it, you should visit the vRealize Operations website.
Here’s What’s New!
vRealize Operations 6.0 features a completely re-platformed architecture that provides 8X greater scalability, and offers unified management across vSphere and other domains. Predictive analytics, Smart Alerts, and problem detection capabilities identify complex issues and then recommend automated tasks that streamline remediation before problems impact users.
vRealize Operations 6.0 provides three core capabilities – Intelligent Operations, Policy-Based Automation, and Unified Management. Here’s a look at these three core capabilities, as well as overviews of some cool new features that enable each capability, with our ‘Fast Facts on vRealize Operations‘ videos:
- Intelligent Operations – help improve performance and avoid disruption with self-learning management tools.
- Predictive analytics and Smart Alerts – combine multiple symptoms to generate a single alert that focuses on the underlying problem, with clear recommendations and the option to take automated action to remediate, so you can proactively and quickly deal with emerging performance, capacity, and configuration issues, and improve team efficiency.
- Powerful Visualizations – include many out-of-the-box dashboards, reports and views that you can fully customize to visualize key performance indicators, provide role-based visibility and enable better collaboration across infrastructure, operations and applications teams.
- Unified UI to Manage vSphere and non-vSphere Domains – gives you an easy to use, single management console with a unified interface for your physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures—from vSphere and Hyper-V, to Amazon Web Services, to physical hardware – with flexible customizable dashboards that can be tailored to each team’s needs.
- Enhanced Capacity Planning and Project Management – delivers new capacity planning and project management capabilities that extend beyond vSphere and across physical and application-level metrics. It gives you the ability to save “what-if” scenarios and commit the capacity models to the analytics engine to influence capacity calculations and alerts.
- Policy-Based Automation – helps you become more efficient by automating key IT processes with policy-based control.
- Advanced Policy Management – lets you prioritize operational activities at the Group level. So you can create and apply custom policies for specific workload types, applications or clusters enabling more advanced monitoring of performance, capacity and adherence to configuration standards.
- Automated Remediation – streamlines the process of problem remediation and enforcing configuration standards — saving time, effort and cost. You can make substantial efficiency gains with useful pre-configured actions that are available out-of-the-box. These actions can be triggered in the context of an alert or at any time, from dashboards or from within the alert details — giving you automation with control.
- User and Access Control Management – provides role-based access control where you can customize views, reports and dashboards based on personas, and also control what objects, features and actions that persona has access to.
- Unified Management – helps you get comprehensive visibility across applications and infrastructure in one place.
- Scale-out and Resilient Platform – that is architected to support highly complex environments. This new architecture enables automated fail-over and replication to optimize performance, capacity, and configuration management across your entire IT environment.
- Unified Storage Visibility – provides the ability to trace operational issues all the way to storage. This is achieved through its unified visibility into the correlation between the application group and the storage infrastructure supporting it, and its topology, statistics, and events – across HBAs, Fabric, and Arrays. This gives you App-to-VM-to-storage visibility and the ability to correlate issues for faster and better troubleshooting.
- New Management Packs – deliver unprecedented extensibility enabling you to integrate a whole ecosystem of 3rd party tools and solutions – from networking and storage products, to operating system, application monitoring and enterprise management tools.
The videos above should give you a good idea of some of the awesome new capabilities that we are excited to bring to you with vRealize Operations 6.0. To learn more, the best place to go is the vRealize Operations website.
Watch/subscribe to this blog to know when vRealize Operations 6.0 will be available to try and buy!
4 comments have been added so far