VMware Cloud on AWS brings VMware’s enterprise class Software-Defined Data Center software to the AWS Cloud and enables customers to run production applications across vSphere®-based hybrid cloud environments, with optimized access to AWS services and robust disaster protection. This on-demand service enables IT teams to seamlessly extend, migrate and manage their cloud-based resources with familiar VMware tools. Working with AWS, VMware’s preferred public cloud partner for vSphere-based workloads, VMware continues to innovate on VMware Cloud on AWS, delivering capabilities at a fast clip, be it at the infrastructure level or with respect to the workloads that run on it.
A common consideration that cuts across both the infrastructure and the workloads is how availability and resiliency are delivered. One of the key differentiators of VMware Cloud on AWS is that availability and resiliency are designed into the service and the underlying AWS infrastructure. VMware and AWS have developed a highly available service that makes VMware Cloud on AWS the easiest and fastest path to the cloud to migrate specific applications, move entire data centers, extend into the cloud, or protect it for business continuity and resiliency. In fact, according to a recent study done by IDC, VMware Cloud on AWS customers that were interviewed experienced an 83% reduction in unplanned downtime.
There are a number of key capabilities that make this happen – starting from the AWS data center architecture to the auto-remediation of failures, policy-driven infrastructure management and core VMware availability features such as vSphere HA that our customers love and use on-premises and more!
To bring it all in perspective, VMware and AWS have jointly developed an availability whitepaper that you can now download here
Also check out this infographic to learn more about the key capabilities of VMware Cloud on AWS that provide resilient and highly available infrastructure to customers
To learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS, be sure to check out more resources below.
For other information related to VMware Cloud on AWS, here are some more learning resources for you:
- You can learn more about our VMware Cloud on AWS service at the VMware Cloud on AWS website or by viewing VMware Cloud on AWS: Overview.
- Follow us on Twitter @vmwarecloudawsand give us a shout with #VMWonAWS.
- Leverage the new VMware Cloud on AWS Techzone for curated technical documentation.
- Watch informative demos, overview videos, webinars and hear from our customers: VMware Cloud on AWS on YouTube.
- Try the VMware Cloud on AWS Lightening Lab for a first-hand immersive experience.
- Read our latest VMware Cloud on AWS blogs.
- Obtain the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Brief and VMware Cloud on AWS TCO 1-pager.
- Follow the VMware Cloud on AWS release notes and VMware Site Recovery release notes on continuing updates.
- Read Technical Guides on Operations, Applications, and Performance.
- Listen to latest episodes of VMware Cloud on AWS Unplugged Podcast
 IDC White Paper, sponsored by VMWare, The Business Value of Running Applications on VMware Cloud on AWS in VMware Hybrid Cloud Environments, doc #US46919520, October 2020