VMworld is just around the corner! Like always it is going to be an exciting action-packed week. If you are going to be at the show make sure you check out some of the VMware performance sessions being delivered.
vSphere Performance New Features Overview (you never know there might be some new things )
INF-VSP1622 – Performance New Features and Best Practices for vSphere
Monday, Aug 27, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Moscone West, Level 3, Room 3002
Wednesday, Aug 29, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM – Moscone West, Level 2, Room 2016
Some other Performance Sessions that are definitely worth checking out…
- OPS-CIM1564 - Troubleshooting Using vCenter Operations Manager
- INF-VSP1423 - esxtop for Advanced Users
Core Platform: Overviews, Deep Dives, and Best Practices
- INF-VSP1729 - Understanding Virtualized Memory Performance Management
- INF-STO1198 - vSphere Storage Features & Enhancements
- INF-STO1545 – Architecting Storage DRS Datastore Clusters
- INF-VSP1683 – VMware vSphere Cluster Resource Pools Best Practices
- INF-VSP1800 – vSphere Performance Best Practices
Tier 1 Applications
There are so many Tier 1 Application sessions at the show, it is clear to see that virtualizing Tier 1 applications is a key focus and major theme of the event. And now – you might even say “Right Here, RIGHT NOW” – is the time to get your Tier 1 applications virtualized on vSphere. I’m only going to call out one Tier 1 Application session, the one being delivered by my colleague, long time VMware performance guru Mark Achtemichuk. Mark recently joined the VMware technical marketing team so I’m sure we will be seeing more from him on the performance blog soon.
- APP-BCA1624 – Virtualizing Oracle: An Architectural and Performance Deep Dive
Tuesday, Aug 28, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM– Moscone West, Level 3, Room 3011
See you at the show!
Can’t make the show, no worries, we will post the big performance announcements “right here” for you on the vSphere performance blog site.