Day 3 at VMworld US 2019… half way over! Lots of excitement today as well, following up on the announcements from Monday. There was also excitement at the end of the day in Moscone West when the power went out, providing an opportunity for presenters to demonstrate their LOUD speaking skills!
Notable Announcements & News
- Ray O’Farrell led a number of presenters in the morning keynote as they demonstrated the technologies announced on Monday. These included demos of the new HCX Enterprise software, connecting clouds to each other and to your traditional data centers, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, and VMware Tanzu Mission Control. After that, Sanjay Poonen spoke with athetes Lindsey Vonn and Steve Young about work ethic, obstacles, and passion. Did you miss the keynotes? No problem! View them online anytime.
- VMware AppDefense and vSphere Platinum had major enhancements announced. New features include risk-adjusted vulnerability reports for the entire stack, provided directly inside vSphere Platinum and fully available inside the vSphere Client itself. Reception for these features has been very positive, with the promise of improving vulnerability management and lowering risk for IT as a whole.
- Avi Networks is now fully part of VMware, and their software is known as the VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer. Amit Pandey has the details.
- NSX-T 2.5 and NSX Intelligence have been announced. Umesh Mahajan wrote about everything you need to know.
- A technical preview of Project Magna has been released. This project adds machine learning & reinforcement learning to vSAN to optimize performance for applications. Adam Hawley wrote about it as part of the vSAN blog.
- vRealize Network Insight 5.0 was announced, adding SD-WAN, edge, and deeper application visibility. Tina Chen gives us the scoop.
- Project Pacific and Tanzu are getting a LOT of attention. Want to learn more? Visit the Cloud-Native Apps group.
Things to See Tomorrow (on 8/28/2019)
Have you visited the VMware Assessment Lounge? Engage our experts at the VMware Assessment Lounge where you can drive a live assessment around HCI, networking, cloud cost optimization, and vSphere upgrades. They’re on the 3rd floor of Moscone West.
This is the last day of the Solutions Exchange! The Partner ecosystem is a big strength of VMware products. Get out there and talk to all of them, and pick up some swag!
Have you picked up pins from all the lounges? vExperts, Bloggers, VMware Champions, and the Certification Lounge have pins for qualifying people. For example, if you’re VMware Certified (VCA, VCP, VCAP, or VCDX), stop by the Certification Lounge for your 2019 certification pin!
Speaking of the Certification Lounge, exams are 50% off. It might be a good time to renew that VCP.
Visit the Meet the Experts sessions. If you’re interested in talking to an expert but the session is full stop by anyhow. There are usually empty seats and we’d love to talk with you. 2nd floor of Moscone West.
Don’t miss OneRepublic and Billy Idol at the VMware Fest starting at 7 PM.
The Hands-on Labs continue to be on fire (figuratively):
Power has been restored to Moscone West – please note outtage was not caused by Hands-on Labs popularity but data seems to suggest it was (almost 10k labs in two days) this is nuts join us tomorrow ! @VMwareHOL @plankers @vmwarevsan @VMworld
— Pablo Roesch (@heyitspablo) August 28, 2019
Get up there and do some more labbing, and also check out the HOL Odyssey semi-finals!
Have other events and happenings? Leave them in the comments! Check back tomorrow for a recap of Day 4.