We’re back this month for another roundup of June’s hits and highlights from the Service Provider and Edge Business Unit! Summer may be in full swing, but our team is still go-go-go and I’m excited to share with you what we’ve been working on here at VMware.
Tune in to my 5-minute June V-blog for the monthly highlights and read on to find accompanying links for more information on what we talked about today.
- RAN Acceleration: We’re working on several exciting projects to drive the RAN transformation with our customers and partners – one of which is a new lab initiative with our customer NTT. Take a look at this interview with NTT to learn about their global Open RAN ecosystem and initiative.
- We’re also proud to announce that we’re working in Vodafone’s RAN lab on a solution with Cohere and Intel, and we’ve published two new RAN solutions with Altiostar and Accedian.
- Ready for Telco Cloud: We’ve made exciting updates to our award winning Ready for Telco Cloud Program – now, our program will allow CSPs to deploy network functions and build services in hours.
- Edge Innovation: Delivered as a service from the newly launched SASE 2.0 platform, VMware’s Cloud Web Security is now generally available and will bring no compromise security at the edge to our customers.
– Also, in support of the recently announced Open Grid Alliance, we have announced our own Multi-Cloud Services Grid. This initiative will enable intent driven service creation and consumption.
- VMworld 2021: Register now for VMworld 2021! VMworld planning is in the works and we’re excited to welcome several customer speakers, including BT, SK Telecom, Telefonica, Telecom Italia, and T-Mobile, and partners including Intel and Dell.
That’s it for this month! If you missed my updates from May, take a look at the first Spellicy Spillover here: https://blogs.vmware.com/telco/spellicy-spillover-may21/