Today at Mobile World Congress Americas, VMware is highlighting the next phase of 5G readiness for communications service providers (CSPs) worldwide. At the event, we will showcase how the VMware Service Assurance Suite will integrate into VMware’s NFV portfolio and illustrate real-world service assurance use cases for CSPs as they prepare for 5G.
2018 has been a year of unprecedented momentum for VMware’s Telco NFV business. Solution innovation, the movement to acquire Dell EMC’s Service Assurance Suite, continued customer momentum and expansion and the ability to address more use cases have defined the first part of the year. 5G deployments will not be possible without virtualization, service assurance and a solid multi-cloud strategy. With VMware, customers have everything they need to become 5G-ready while still meeting the demands on today’s networks and reaping the benefits.
Last month, we announced our intent to acquire the Dell EMC Service Assurance Suite portfolio: software spanning network health, performance monitoring and root cause analysis for communications service providers (CSPs) and their customers. The addition of the Service Assurance Suite to the portfolio of VMware telco solution offerings will enable CSPs to maintain operational reliability in their core network, cloud and IT domains across physical and virtual infrastructure and operationalize competitive new services faster. Service Assurance Suite is now a part of VMware’s robust telco portfolio, engineered to enable CSPs to bridge the gap from 4G to 5G through simplified networks, service enablement and multi-cloud support.
So how does it work? VMware Service Assurance Suite focuses on automating a variety of key operational use cases for CSPs aimed at reducing operational costs and improving customer experience, such as:
- Network and Service Availability Management: with automated root-cause and service impact analysis
- Performance Management and SLA Monitoring: with deep analysis for historical and real-time views, trending, forecasting and adaptive alerting
- Network Configuration Management: enabling automated network infrastructure change and compliance management
- Application & Service Level Monitoring: with cross correlation of Network Applications and/or Virtual Network Functions (VNF) with service delivery infrastructure
- Hybrid Assurance: Correlation spanning physical, NFVi, VIM and service layers offering unparalleled operations management with deep NFV closed loop integration
VMware Service Assurance Suite covers a rich variety of network segments such as: Backbone/Transport, IP, MPLS, Mobile, SDN/NFV, SD-WAN, IPTV, Unified Communications and Managed Enterprise Networks.
We will be showcasing the VMware Service Assurance Suite and NFV solutions in booth #S1714 at Mobile World Congress Americas, September 12-14 in Los Angeles, Calif. Our executives will also be participating in a panel on network analytics, diagnostics & service assurance on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 from 1:00-2:00 pm PDT. Stop by for more information—we hope to see you there!