Speed seems to be the name of the game in our industry these days. Blink, and you miss important motions that can alter your plans and strategies. It’s with this in mind that I’ve decided to do a monthly V-blog (the kids tell me they’re all a rage) – a short video which highlights all the hot new announcements, news, and opportunities unique to CSPs from the service provider and edge business unit this last month.
I welcome you to sit back and enjoy the 4-minute video below. Please make note that all of the updates referenced in the video are linked for your convenience below.
I should also mention one update hot off the press regarding Mobile World Congress 2021. We’re happy to announce that Sanjay Uppal, EVP and GM of Service Provider and Edge Business Unit at VMware will be participating in the “Connectivity as a Service: Trip to the Cloud” panel on Tuesday, 29 June 12:30-1:30pm CET. Stay tuned for details about ways to engage with VMware at MWC 2021
We move at the speed of software here, so hope these monthly updates help you stay abreast to our continued progress.
- Multi-Cloud Blog Series: Managing mutually beneficial relationships with hyperscalers is important to thrive in the digital era. This series is meant to help you understand the strategic and technical considerations of engaging with the hyperscalers. Keep an eye out in the coming weeks for more articles in this series.
– For Service Providers, Multi-cloud Offers a Smarter Approach to Hyperscale Partnerships
- Modernizing the RAN: Our recent launch of VMware Telco Cloud Platform RAN was well received. The platform enables RAN evolution – from vRAN and O-RAN – to help you monetize new digital business models.
– Tom Nolle Reviews VMware’s RAN transformation strategy
- News: Here are VMware we believe the advancement of multi-vendor innovation is paramount to building agile networks and enable future growth for service providers. It’s with that in mind that we are proud to help lead several new cross-industry initiatives.
– RINGS (Resilient and Intelligent Next-Generation Systems) – VMware is excited to partner with the National Science Foundation (NSF) on a historic Public Private Partnership that brings together technology leaders from cloud, networking and wireless industries to shape this next chapter of networking evolution.
– OGA (Open Grid Alliance) – Alliance established to create software-defined system that stretches across the globe to support multi-cloud services via fungible resources that are employed when and where they are needed, on demand, and with guarantees and SLAs.