With just a month to go before GSMA’s Mobile World Congress 2019 kicks off, the GSMA has announced shortlisted companies for its 2019 Global Mobile (GLOMO) Awards. VMware, with its reputation for innovation and rapidly growing traction in the telco space, has been shortlisted in the Best Network Software Breakthrough (companies more than $10 million annual global revenue) category for vCloud NFV OpenStack Edition 3.0.
According to the Mobile World Congress website, the GSMA’s GLOMO Awards offer organizations across the global mobile ecosystem the opportunity to showcase the latest and best mobile products, apps, devices, services and initiatives to the industry and the world. These prestigious awards recognize leading companies making an impact on the telco market around the world.
VMware’s shortlisted solution, VMware vCloud NFV-OpenStack Edition 3.0, is the next generation of the company’s production-proven network functions virtualization (NFV) platform for communications service providers (CSPs). This version of vCloud NFV-OpenStack Edition, which includes VMware Integrated OpenStack-Carrier Edition 5.0, delivers breakthrough improvements in network performance, new carrier-grade networking capabilities and intent-based service assurance to help improve the total economics of software-defined, open standards-based 5G and multi-cloud telco networks.
GLOMO winners will be announced at Mobile World Congress 2019 in Barcelona Feb 25 – 28, 2019
VMware, a GSMA member, will be demonstrating a range of 5G solutions in Hall 3 booth 3M11 and is the exclusive sponsor of the Connectivity Theme at this year’s event
It’s that time of year again, where the mobile industry and its growing ecosystem descends on Barcelona to see the latest and greatest technologies that are shaping the future of connectivity, mobile applications and innovations that will carry us into a 5G future.
Visit VMware in Hall 3 Stand K10
We have a lot going on at Mobile World Congress this year, from connected cars to a drone that’s displaying real-time object recognition capabilities and follow me services from San Francisco. Stop by the booth to learn how VMware’s cloud- to-edge infrastructure and support for OpenStack and cloud native apps empower CSPs to digitally transform; from simply connectivity providers to agile sources of rich 5G & IoT services, dynamic content and personalized experiences. Delivering over-the-top agility with industry-standard economics.
See VMware demonstrations on leading edge NFV infrastructure and service capabilities
- Accelerating 5G network service delivery with vCloud NFV NFVI solutions, including vCloud NFV OpenStack Carrier edition, the fastest path to carrier-grade production OpenStack deployments
- Automating and modernizing operations with NFV Service Assurance
- Transforming Networks to Cloud Native using Production Grade Kubernates (PKS)
- Enabling Seamless Cloud to Cloud Service Mobility and Infrastructure Hybridity – See how Vodafone
deploys consistent telco services and applications across the data center (private cloud) and public cloud
- Extending Services that require low latency/high throughput to the Network Edge with Mult-Access Edge
Computing (MEC) Deliver
- Deploying NFV with Best-In-Class Global Ecosystem partners
- Delivering market leading SDWAN UCPE services with VeloCloud
The IOT Experience
- VMware, Affirmed Networks, Globetouch & Nightingale will show a multi-cloud infrastructure supporting multiple connected drones displaying video surveillance, follow me security, and object recognition
On-Booth Events are by invitation/registration and will take place in the Influencer Room
- “The Fastest Path to SD-Wan Success” Tuesday, Feb 27 10:00 am – 11:30 am.
Dell EMC, Intel, & VMware are inviting attendees to learn how CSPs can increase revenue, deliver advanced services and improve network agility leveraging an integrated SD-WAN solution. Together, the companies will discuss how CSPs can deliver elastic transport, performance for cloud applications, and integrate advanced services all via a zero-touch deployment model. Register Here
- VNF Onboarding “Birds of a Feather” Session Tuesday, Feb 27 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
VMware and Intel are pleased to announce the 2nd Virtual Network Function (VNF) Onboarding “Birds of a Feather Session” that will take place at Mobile World Congress 2018 at the VMware stand, Hall 3K10. This technical Session aims to accelerate NFV adoption through open sourced tools and a community to remove the roadblocks of onboarding network functions. Attendees are required to bring their own laptops.
If you would like to attend this session please email : firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in Barcelona.