The vRealize Network Insight team has exciting new functionality to announce in the latest version of vRealize Network Insight 6.7 which also includes the same updates for our SaaS platforms vRealize Network Insight Universal and vRealize Network Insight Cloud. This release is also exciting because this will be the first release where new functionality will be available in our SaaS versions first before the on-premises deployment version. This will allow our SaaS customers to use the new functionality faster because SaaS customers do not require maintenance windows for upgrading the platform.
This new release will have functionality for IPv6 for vCenter and NSX, VMware HCX integration, network map support for Cisco ACI, easier on-boarding to VMware Cloud with one-click proxy and collector setup, vRealize Log Insight integration to detect dropped firewall traffic flow as well as many other new capabilities. This will be exciting because this is the software release just before the VMware Explore user event where we will go into more detail on these new capabilities next month.
The vRealize Network Insight capabilities will continue to make improvements to help our customers easily transition to SaaS and help with the transformation to the cloud.
Highlights of vRealize Network Insight 6.7:
- IPv6 support. IPv6 traffic for application discovery and support for IPv6 traffic flows will now be visible for vCenter and NSX traffic. This will help with IPv6 traffic analysis, security planning, and app awareness. Also onboarding infrastructure with IPv6 addresses will also be supported.
- VMware HCX dashboard for network monitoring and troubleshooting will help have visibility. The dashboard is available in the SaaS solution for this release.
- VMware Cloud on AWS will be easier to monitor with vRealize Network Insight because of a simpler proxy and collector setup
- Assurance and Verification enhanced visibility for Cisco ACI Network Map. Better network map visibility for Cisco Endpoint Groups (EPG), HSRP, contracts, and more. This will also help with network topology and intent verification.
- Enhancements to Federation dashboards for SaaS vRealize Network Insight Universal customers. New and improved dashboard views of NSX Advanced Load Balancer (Avi) in the environment dashboards.
- NSX-T visibility improvements including principal identity-based authentication and CPU core usage metrics for NSX-T Edge Node CPU core devices.
- NSX-T Transport Node new router interface metrics
- New uRPF packet metrics for VMware NSX-T and Cisco ASR 1000 ports.
- Ease of use with built-in product tutorial screens for application security planning and guided network troubleshooting are now available
VMware HCX will be a new dashboard for vRealize Network Insight Universal and vRealize Network Insight Cloud which will provide deep visibility into HCX deployments like HCX Service Mesh, HCX Interconnect (HCX IX), HCX Network Extension (HCX NE), HCX WAN Optimization, HCX L2 Extensions and HCX Tunnels. As VMware HCX customers use the solution to streamline application migrations and balance workloads to improve business continuity, integration with vRealize Network Insight 6.7 for the dashboard will help with network visibility. There will be support for alerts, flows, and metrics plus new support for guided network troubleshooting for HCX. This new network visibility will help customers with business continuity as they migrate across data centers and multi-cloud.
vRealize Network Insight Universal
If you haven’t had a chance to look, also take a look at the eBook and Infographic that explains the benefits of vRealize Network Insight Universal that further explains how network visibility is key for running applications better in your environment.
ebook The Essential Guide to SaaS Transition for Easier Network Monitoring Optimize multi-cloud network visibility with vRealize® Network Insight™ Universal
Infographic End-to-End Visibility across Clouds: vRealize® Network Insight™ Universal
The newly available functionality will help your network engineering teams help run applications better plus drive security to protect your infrastructure. vRealize Network Insight 6.7 provides network visibility which is useful because you might not know 100% of how your company’s application are running. Many applications are based on open source code that have been bolted on or have other unique application behavior. Without the right level of network knowledge, there is always some risk so knowing what is occurring on the network helps with app performance and security. As your company teams drive new projects and move quickly with applications, having network visibility throughout the process is a key to success.
Technical Blog: What’s New vRealize Network Insight 6.7
Forrester Research Total Economic Impact of VMware Network Insight: 2022 Study
Free 30-day vRealize Network Insight SaaS trial
eBook: vRealize Network Insight Universal
Infographic: vRealize Network Insight Universal
Hands-On Lab for vRealize Network Insight
VMware Cloud Management on Facebook
VMware Cloud Management on LinkedIn
vRealize Network Insight YouTube
vRealize Network Insight Cookbook
VMware Explore August 29 – September 1, 2022