VMworld 2017 Cloud Management Sessions
Now as both VMworld Las Vegas and Barcelona are behind us, I am happy to report that both events have been a great success. Full of exciting announcements across the board, and from Cloud Management Business Unit in particular, the events had brought together 40K+ customers, partners, press and analysts, as well as VMware leadership and specialists. It was a high-energy testament to the power of virtualization, cloud, and IT innovation!
Cloud Management was well represented, with two important announcements across the two events. We presented over 85 sessions, including three spotlight sessions in Las Vegas and two in Barcelona, our leaders and technical experts held 225+ one-on-one meetings with our customers, and set another all-time records in Hands-on-Labs attendance.
Here is a quick recap of what we have delivered for VMworld:
Brand-New VMware Cloud Services
At VMworld 2017 Las Vegas, VMware had announced a new class of offering, delivered as a service, to help customers manage, secure, monitor and automate their cloud infrastructure and applications. The new cloud services we have released so far, specific to the cloud management, are:
- VMware Cost Insight™: a cost monitoring and optimization service for public and private clouds that helps IT analyze cloud spend, find savings opportunities, and communicate the cost of services to the business. Read more about Cost Insight in this blog.
- VMware Discovery™: an automated inventory service that improves cloud visibility and tames shadow IT by bringing together inventory information and cloud accounts from multiple clouds, making it easy for IT to search for and identify workloads deployed from their enterprise. Read more about Discovery in this blog.
- VMware Network Insight™: a network and security analysis service offering purpose-built for public clouds and software-defined data centers. Network Insight provides comprehensive network visibility and granular understanding of traffic flows to enable cloud security planning and network troubleshooting. Read more about Network Insight in this blog
- Wavefront® by VMware®: a metrics monitoring and analytics platform that handles the high-scale requirements of modern cloud-native applications. Wavefront by VMware’s speed, scale, and flexibility empowers DevOps, and developer teams with instant insight into the performance of highly-distributed cloud-native services. Read more about Wavefront in this blog
Read the entire press release, that also introduces other services beyond cloud management, here
New vRealize Suite 2017
At VMworld® 2017 Europe, VMware announced advancements to its cloud management platform to help customers deploy, operate and manage IT infrastructure and application services across a multi-cloud landscape. The introduction of VMware vRealize® Suite 2017 will integrate the latest releases of vRealize Operations™, vRealize Automation™, vRealize Business™ for Cloud, and vRealize Log Insight™ and feature new lifecycle management capabilities to support customers’ data center modernization and cloud integration efforts.
One new key feature of the new vRealize Suite 2017 if the built-in LifeCycle Manager that will help customers to keep their vRealize environment up to date, always keep up with the latest upgrades, patches, manage compatibility of the component products, and also help with new installation, updates, and migrations of their cloud management environment. It will dramatically simplify daily administration and operations of the suite from Day 0 through Day 2 tasks. The lifecycle management capabilities will help customers speed time to value by automating the deployment, configuration and upgrading of the products in the suite.
The new suite also brings together, in a single package, all the latest releases of vRealize products:
- vRealize Operations 6.6
- vRealize Automation 7.3
- vRealize Business for Cloud 7.3
- vRealize Log Insight 4.5
Read the entire vRealize Suite update press release here
Probably one of the biggest values provided by VMworld is the content created and presented in hundreds of breakout sessions, panels, group discussions, and other events throughout VMworld, over the course of the busy agenda. Much of that content is available to the public for replay through either YouTube VMware Channel, or directly from VMworld.com site. Here is how you can replay these sessions:
- View the main sessions, solution keynotes, and other major events at the VMworld YouTube Channel
- Login to myvmworld.com , go to Learn->2017 Content Catalog, and look for the sessions of interest. You can search by multiple criteria – products, speakers, topics, and session ID numbers. Once you find your session, click on the title to expand, and at the bottom you will see an icon that looks like a movie camera. Click – and watch!