5 Reasons to Move Beyond Point Solutions to VMware Workspace ONE
In the wake of recent news about Ivanti acquiring MobileIron, MobileIron customers may feel uncertain.
Are you worried about the long-term viability of MobileIron’s offerings for your mobile device program? Will Ivanti try to push you into buying other point products you likely don’t use today? What would that migration look like? How will the acquisition affect your ability to get technical support and bug fixes? Does Ivanti have the resources to keep up with the rest of this dynamic market?
With more resources moving to the cloud, along with the shift towards a more distributed workforce, you need a flexible and scalable digital foundation that enables your organization with greater productivity, proactive security and simplified management.
Consider these top reasons why you should make the switch to VMware:
1. VMware Lives up to the Promise of What a UEM Can Deliver
For the third consecutive year, VMware has been named a leader in the 2020 Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management.¹
Move beyond MDM-centric offerings with VMware’s intelligence-driven digital workspace platform—Workspace ONE. You can modernize IT with powerful services including remote access, endpoint security, identity management, desktop and app virtualization and unique Intelligence analytics to drive insights and automation.
Workspace ONE delivers a seamless, device-agnostic user experience across all major mobile and desktop platforms, including Windows 10, macOS, Chrome OS, Linux, on top of iOS and Android.
For example, you can drop ship fully configured Windows 10 PCs or Macs, achieve turnkey compliance with 100% policy management from the cloud, and obtain line of sight across PCs from anywhere, delivering complete PC modern management workloads from the cloud to support your off-network PC users just as easily as your mobile device users.
2. VMware Delivers Exceptional Employee Experiences
As more employees work remotely, keeping them engaged and productive requires rethinking employee experiences. Prioritize digital employee experience by choosing a digital workspace platform that fuels modern work through building a culture of choice, eliminating siloed experiences and personalizing them on any device, anywhere.
Workspace ONE’s intelligence-driven digital workspace platform has unique capabilities, including intelligent analytics, Virtual Assistant, corporate communications and notifications and mobile-optimized workflows that enhance the user experience across the entire employee lifecycle. You can optimize the remote onboarding experience, unify your app catalog with single sign-on, and provide self-service and remote support to accelerate employee engagement, retain talent, and most importantly, drive business results.
3. VMware Empowers a Rethink in Security That’s Realized
Founded on an intrinsic security approach that builds security into every control plane–from network, endpoint, cloud, identity all the way to workload–VMware unifies each of these vectors into points of security control, significantly reducing the attack surface.
VMware is also uniquely positioned to deliver end–to–end Zero Trust security through building device trust, validating user identities and providing least privilege application access via integrated, industry leading technologies. Further enabling a differentiated approach, VMware has recently expanded capabilities for the VMware SASE Platform, delivering end-to-end zero trust security controls and simplified management. VMware’s Secure Access Service Edge, Digital Workspace and Endpoint Security technologies work harmoniously across any application on any cloud and any device.
4. VMware Provides a Long-Term Platform for Growth
A standalone UEM solution can no longer serve the evolving needs of today’s distributed workforce. VMware’s core strength lies in its ability to provide a digital foundation that runs any app on any cloud on any device. Its broad portfolio of integrated market leading compute, cloud, mobility, VDI, networking and security technologies provide a dynamic and efficient end to end platform.
Through unique integration points and interoperability with VMware Workspace ONE, customers experience simplified management, increased security and a scalable and flexible architecture that easily provides a long-term platform that grows with the organization. VMware continues to expand capabilities and make deep investments to bring integrated, best-in-breed technologies, empowering customers to keep pace with digital innovation to accelerate their success.
5. VMware is a Trusted Leader
Grounded in 20+ years of expertise and innovation, VMware is the trusted provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, and 100% of Fortune 500 companies. VMware has more than 75,000 partners worldwide, giving customers across all industries the most flexible and broadest support.
Consistently recognized by analysts including Forrester², Gartner¹ and IDC³ as a market leader in categories such as UEM, Networking and Security, VMware’s progressive technologies not only pioneered virtualization but now deliver digital workspace, cloud, app modernization, networking and security platforms to form a consistent digital foundation for your digital business.
VMware technologies have fundamentally changed IT–and with it, its customers have the freedom to build their own digital futures. Invest in a company that invests for the future. Move beyond MobileIron and build your business with VMware.
- Source: Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools, Dan Wilson, Chris Silva, Rob Smith, Rich Doheny, Manjunath Bhat, 10 Aug 2020.Link to reprint: https://www.gartner.com/doc/reprints?id=1-1ZOB51SS&ct=200814&st=sb Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Source: The Forrester Wave ™: Unified Endpoint Management, Q4 2019, Andrew Hewitt, et al, November 11, 2019.Link to document: https://reprints.forrester.com/#/assets/2/82/RES146975/reports The Forrester Wave™ is copyrighted by Forrester Research, Inc. Forrester and Forrester Wave™ are trademarks of Forrester Research, Inc. The Forrester Wave™ is a graphical representation of Forrester’s call on a market and is plotted using a detailed spreadsheet with exposed scores, weightings, and comments. Forrester does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in the Forrester Wave™. Information is based on best available resources. Opinions reflect judgment at the time and are subject to change.
- Source: ”IDC MarketScape Worldwide Virtual Client Computing Software Vendor Assessment” by Shannon Kalvar, January 2020, IDC #US45752419