We’re excited to announce that, for the THIRD year in a row VMware has been named a LEADER in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management (UEM). VMware also scored HIGHEST in THREE out of four use cases in the Gartner Critical Capabilities for UEM Tools.
In this year’s Magic Quadrant, Gartner recognized VMware as a Leader for overall ability to execute and completeness of vision, positioned highest in completeness of vision for our product solution. In Gartner’s corresponding Critical Capabilities report, VMware received the highest score in the compliance-driven management (3.74), enterprise PC management (3.94), and role-based device management (3.80) use cases and second highest in the unmanaged/BYO (3.63) use case.
Named a Leader in Magic Quadrant
We believe Gartner recognized VMware as a Leader in this Magic Quadrant because of our Workspace ONE UEM product, which enables customers to drive IT modernization, implement zero trust access and provide the best employee experience. As an end-to-end solution, Workspace ONE delivers a seamless, device-agnostic user experience across all major mobile and desktop platforms—including Windows 10, macOS, Chrome OS, Linux, iOS and Android—with identity-defined single sign-on (SSO) and integrated multi-factor authentication (MFA) that enables secure access to corporate applications and resources. Workspace ONE modernizes IT with powerful services including remote access, endpoint security, identity management, desktop and app virtualization, and integrates with numerous third-party solutions. Workspace ONE uniquely enables traditional and modern PC management from a single console, and fully supports customers migrating from traditional network-based Client Management Tools (CMT) to modern UEM-based PC support. These PC management strengths are also reflected in VMware’s highest positioning in the enterprise PC management use case in Gartner Critical Capabilities for UEM tools report.
In light of the recent health emergency, work as we know it has changed. Now more than ever, all employees—whether essential frontline workers in the field or corporate employees working from home for the first time—need a digital workspace that gives them seamless, remote access to the corporate resources they need to stay informed, resolve self-service issues and just get work done. During this time, VMware demonstrated a rapid pace of innovation to help customers maintain business continuity and maximize their distributed workforce strategy with scalable digital-first infrastructure, flexible virtualization solutions, and intelligent and secure device management that keeps employees productive and engaged anytime, anywhere.
We believe, in the Magic Quadrant report, Gartner recognized us for helping customers drive workplace modernization, during these uncertain times, with our end-to-end solution that is both flexible and easy to use.
• End-to-End Solution: As an intelligence-driven digital workspace platform, Workspace ONE integrates access control, application management and multi-OS endpoint management into a single platform, making it easy for organizations across the globe to quickly adapt to challenges or disruptions. From remote onboarding workflows and zero-touch device provisioning to seamless access to any physical or virtual desktop or app, and remote employee support, Workspace ONE helps create a productive and intrinsically secure environment with its platform and solutions, including Workspace ONE Access, Workspace ONE Intelligence, Workspace ONE Assist, VMware Horizon, and VMware Carbon Black.
• Ease of Use: As market focus has shifted from client management tools (CMT) and EMM to UEM, Workspace ONE seamlessly integrates traditional and modern PC and mobile management, from a single console, and fully supports customers migrating from traditional network-based CMT to modern UEM-based PC support.
• Flexibility: Workspace ONE enables organizations to quickly adapt workplace operations to optimize customer and employee experience with infrastructure that can scale to support your critical apps and data with desktop and app virtualization solutions. Workspace ONE is available as a cloud service or on-premises deployment.
Positioned Highest in 3 out of 4 Use Cases in Critical Capabilities
Gartner Critical Capabilities enhances the Magic Quadrant with deeper insight into vendors’ product and service offerings by providing product ratings of key capabilities in critical differentiating usage scenarios. In this year’s report, Gartner presented four use cases that represent common issues I&O leaders are solving with UEM tools: compliance-driven management, enterprise PC management, role-based device management and unmanaged/BYO. VMware received the highest score in the compliance-driven management (3.74), enterprise PC management (3.94), and role-based device management (3.80) use cases and second highest in the unmanaged/BYO (3.63) use case.
The below use case descriptions were defined by Gartner and pull directly from this year’s Critical Capabilities report.
Enterprise PC Management
“Capabilities in this use case include modern management of Windows and macOS. This also guides the migration from legacy client management to modern management, and the enabling of co-management or coexistence with an integrated or third-party CMT. This also includes the use of analytics to inform policy and administrative priorities.”
“Capabilities in this use case include the enforcement of regulatory and legal controls. This includes the creation of controls and reporting of compliance with regulatory and legal requirements and certifications for a given vertical industry, geography or market. The vendors’ approaches to compliance with user-centric privacy regulations are also evaluated.”
Role-Based Device Management
“Capabilities in this use case focus on managing nontraditional devices. This includes devices with limited functionality or utility, a simplified app launcher or dedicated home screens, delivery of native or virtual applications, configuration of devices and OSs, remote visibility for support personnel, and enabling of hands-free workflows.”
“Capabilities in this use case include the application of data protections and policy on devices lacking or unable to support a local agent or device management profile. This also considers the security, privacy and user experience offered on personal devices being used for work tasks. This includes segregation or isolation of personal and corporate data.”
While we are excited about these successes, we are also grateful to our customers that have put their faith in Workspace ONE technology and pushed our teams down the path of continued innovation. It is because of you that VMware continues to make these significant advances in meeting these critical use cases and your business needs. Over the last year, we delivered:
• Enterprise-grade modern management solution for managing Windows 10 and macOS devices at scale; which has seen multiple large customer deployments with 100,000+ devices being managed fully from the cloud.
• Enhanced support for customers migrating from traditional network-based CMT to Workspace ONE so they can modernize faster and respond quickly to the challenges of the “anywhere workforce.”
• Expanded support for mobile and non-traditional devices, including rugged devices and workspace IoT endpoints, like AR and VR head-mounted displays (HMDs), interactive kiosks and digital signage
• Delightful employee experiences across any use case – BYO, company owned and managed, or special purpose – including, personalized user experience, multi-user check-in/check-out on essential frontline worker devices, remote employee support to quickly assist employees anywhere, Intelligence-powered employee experience management, and more.
Download this year’s Gartner Magic Quadrant for UEM and Critical Capabilities for UEM Tools reports to see why we believe VMware is positioned to help you support your distributed workforce with Workspace ONE. And of course, there’s a lot more to come as we head into VMworld 2020 next month. So, stay tuned!
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management, Dan Wilson, Chris Silva, Rob Smith, Rich Doheny, Manjunath Bhat, August 10, 2020.
Gartner, Critical Capabilities for Unified Endpoint Management Tools, Chris Silva, Rob Smith, Rich Doheny, Manjunath Bhat, Dan Wilson August 18, 2020.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from VMware, Inc.