We’re excited to announce VMware has been named a Leader in The Forrester Wave ™: Unified Endpoint Management, Q4 2019 report. VMware’s intelligent-driven digital workspace platform, VMware Workspace ONE, was top ranked in the current offering and strategy categories. The platform also received the highest possible score in the product roadmap, roadmap execution, and partner ecosystem criteria, as well as across the entire market presence category, which includes customer count, Windows 10 customer count, devices under management, and revenue criteria.
In The Forrester Wave ™: Unified Endpoint Management, Q4 2019 report, Forrester identified and evaluated 13 unified endpoint management (UEM) providers in three categories—current offering, strategy and market presence—across 23 criterion.
In this year’s report, Forrester noted that Unified endpoint management customers should look for providers that enable a better digital employee experience (EX), provide a path to modern management and offer advanced security capabilities natively. The report specifically called out EX as the top buying criterion, with organizations increasingly relying on UEM when it comes to their digital employee experience strategy.
VMware’s commitment to EX [employee experience] remains strong. The company supports a wide array of operating systems and form factors, delivers a robust single sign-on (SSO) experience, and offers unique productivity capabilities within its product information management (PIM) apps, such as Mobile Flows.
Over the past year, VMware has continued to deliver new and innovative solutions that differentiate Workspace ONE with EX and advanced modern management capabilities across all platforms, including Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS, Android and Linux. Some of our top innovations, include:
• Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub digital concierge services, including an AI virtual assistant, powered by IBM Watson Assistant, that employees can interact with to access organization-specific resources or complete numerous IT- and HR-related tasks.
• Digital Employee Experience Management, which enables IT to proactively detect and automatically remediate potential device and app issues, that might impact EX, based on real-time telemetry from Workspace ONE UEM, Workspace ONE Intelligence and Apteligent.
• Expanded remote support capabilities with Workspace ONE Assist (formerly called Workspace ONE Advanced Remote Management), which empowers IT and help desk staff to remote view or control Android, iOS, Windows and macOS devices, directly from the Workspace ONE console, while maintaining employee privacy and trust.
• Full modern management of Windows 10 PCs with out-of-the-box onboarding, full GPO and MDM API support, granular over-the-air patching and CVE-based vulnerability assessments, modern cloud-based and Peer-to-Peer software distribution, Win32 app management, and Workspace ONE AirLift connector for co-management alongside Microsoft SCCM.
• Modern management macOS that streamlines onboarding and configuration via Apple Deployment Programs, a native Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app and complete native app and patch lifecycle management for Mac devices.
• Scalable support for Chrome OS and Android, including support for organizations migrating from Android’s legacy management approach (device administrator mode) to Android Enterprise (work profile or managed device modes).
• Dell Provisioning for VMware Workspace ONE, which allows organizations to ship devices preconfigured with company apps and settings directly from the factory to their users, providing a virtually zero IT touch and user downtime experience.
• Zero trust security with expanded security ecosystem integrations and open Trust Network APIs for third party EDR/EPP and MTD solutions like Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Microsoft ATP and others.
Download the report to see why we believe VMware’s Workspace ONE UEM platform is uniquely positioned to help you improve cost savings, security, and the digital employee experience with modern management.
Source: The Forrester Wave ™: Unified Endpoint Management, Q4 2019, Andrew Hewitt, et al, November 11, 2019.