Being the most comprehensive cross-platform Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solution, VMware Workspace ONE is always striving to support enterprise mobility use cases via strategic partnerships with all major operating systems. Since the inception of Android Enterprise, VMware has been working closely with Google to ensure that organizations can take advantage of the latest features right away. Over the past year, we have had great momentum adding and enhancing features in Workspace ONE UEM for Android. These features accelerate the adoption and simplify the management of Android Enterprise, helping organizations better meet modern and often challenging business requirements. Today, I am excited to recap the features we’ve been working tirelessly on:
• Easy migration to Work Profile: We’ve added programmatic migration workflows for moving your BYOD devices on legacy device administration to Work Profile. This latest Workspace ONE UEM for Android feature provides real-time monitoring that gives admins full visibility to track device health and migration progress. It also enforces a consistent device management by ensuring legacy device administrator remain intact until the migration is successful.
• Full support for OEMConfig: Workspace ONE now provides day-zero support for all OEM-specific features via industry standardized OEMConfig integration. Organizations will have dynamic access to all new features as soon as they are available without the need to upgrade Workspace ONE UEM console or Intelligent Hub. Admin experience is enhanced with a fully redesigned user interface, such as hierarchical grouping and accordion-style menus.
• Closed network enrollment: For organizations with device fleets that cannot communicate with Google, Workspace ONE UEM for Android provides a simple yet robust way to enroll these devices into Android Enterprise and configure them on a closed network. This enrollment method effectively solves the problem often faced by organizations with rugged devices running on a version of Android that doesn’t support Google Play services, or those in areas with banned communication with Google.
• Smooth check-out/check-in with VMware Workspace ONE Access: Organizations can now fully leverage VMware Workspace ONE Access to authenticate task workers in shared device scenarios, providing them a simple and secure single sign-on experience during the check-out and check-in process. Adaptive multi-factor authentication and third-party identity providers are also supported for enhanced security and flexibility.
• New configurations and policies available in Profile. We’ve added additional controls to Android Profiles that enable admins to further lock down the device for line of business use cases or enhance employee productivity in BYOD and COPE scenarios.
• Improvements for ‘Passcode’ settings that force a separate passcode for the Work Profile, along with additional configuration for biometrics.
• New ‘Public App Auto Update’ settings that allow admins to configure auto-updates and schedule maintenance time windows for apps in the Play Store.
• New ‘Custom Messages’ settings that allow admins to set a persistent message on the lock screen or deliver important information to the users such as when a setting has been disabled.
• Other new configuration capabilities such as settings for Wi-Fi proxy, Bluetooth, backup service, and system UI.
We’re very excited about our continuing partnership with Google to launch more useful features and create a better user experience with Workspace ONE UEM for Android! For the latest product announcement on VMware Workspace ONE, please be sure to subscribe to our blog!