A few weeks back we invited Jeff Hunter to join us in a “Back to Basics” episode where we covered vCenter settings and how they pertain to vSAN. The feedback from this episode was clear: more like this. Message received. This week we welcome VMware security gurus Mike Foley and Bob Plankers to continue the “Back to Basics” series covering Core Services.
10:29 The importance of time
12:15 Certificate Authority
26:55 Design for non-disruptive patching
34:00 vSphere Central resources
- vSphere 6.7 is out! This blog article covers *all* of the new security content available!
- vSphere 6.5/vSAN 6.6 Encryption FAQ. (This includes 6.7)
- VM Encryption Performance White-paper
- VMworld Session #STO1960BU vSphere Encryption for Virtual Machines and vSAN Encryption Deep Dive
- Mike’s Blog: I’m Tellin Ya Now!
- Bob’s Blog: The Lone SysAdmin
The Virtually Speaking Podcast
The Virtually Speaking Podcast is a weekly technical podcast dedicated to discussing VMware topics related to storage and availability. Each week Pete Flecha and John Nicholson bring in various subject matter experts from VMware and within the industry to discuss their respective areas of expertise. If you’re new to the Virtually Speaking Podcast check out all episodes on vSpeakingPodcast.com and follow on twitter @VirtSpeaking.