With April 2023 Aria Automation launch we have completed a number of Audit logging enhancements in Aria Automation by building an audit log framework that allows customers to see telemetry events logged data, and on top of that letting them query and export that data as needed.
Aria Automation administrators can access the audit logs by navigating to Infrastructure -> Activity -> Audit Log within VMware Aria Assembler or VMware Aria Consumption.
In this blog post I m going to capture all the Audit logging enhancements that we have released thus far including one enhancement coming in the next release, so make sure you read until the end but for now Lets start where it all initially started, shall we:
Aria Automation 8.10.1 OCT2022 Release
The initial version of the Audit Log enhancements allowed administrators to track usage and consumption around the following events:
- Item Catalog & Template Submissions.
Please note that Event Type BLUEPRINT_SUBMITTED refers to Templates where Aria Assembler is the event source and Event Type CATALOG_SUBMITTED refers to Item Catalog with Aria Consumption being the source.
- Item Catalog & Template Requests status (Successful, Failed or Cancelled)
- Day-2 Actions (Submitted, Successful, Failed or Cancelled)
Aria Automation 8.10.2 NOV2022 Release
The Enhancements to Audit Log for this release allows administrators the ability to track usage and consumption around the following events:
- All Event Broker Subscription Create, Delete, Update Operations.
- All types of policies ( Day 2 Actions Policy, Lease Policy, Content Sharing Policy, Approval Policy, Deployment Limit Policy, Resource Quota Policy) Create, Delete, Update Operations
- Feature toggles within the product (Create, Delete or Update).
- Property group Create, Delete, Update Operations.
Aria Automation 8.12.0 APR2023 Release
The Enhancements to Audit Log for this recent release allows administrators now the ability to track usage and consumption while being able to :
- Filter search for audit logs based on event type.
Please note that before you can use the Filtering capability you must define a date range.
The administrator of course have the ability to filter on all the event types that we already mentioned, here is the full list:
Aria Automation 8.12.1 MAY2023 Future Release ( Stay Tuned )
The Enhancements to Audit Log for this future release allows administrators now the ability to track usage and consumption while being able to :
- CSV export and download for audit logs.
Please note that before you can use the Export capability you must define a date range similar to the Filtering capability.
Now that you are aware of the new Audit log enhancements with Aria Automation, which telemetry events you would be most excited about or interested in tracking.
Let us know in the comments and thank you for reading if you made it this far.
Until next time, Happy Auditing!
For more info or questions on this, reach out to Maher on Twitter