Many of us are using the health care services in various ways, and it has become essential for our life. Digital innovations have now made it possible for consumers to use mobile devices to access their medical information, monitor their vital signs and carry out a wide range of tasks. With this fact, you must be curious to see how VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager helps to manage the life cycle of vRealize Suite of products to build the private cloud easily for Health care industry and others.
Let’s see how vRSLCM helped our customer IQVIA (IMS Health and Quintiles) to manage the vRealize Suite of products and how they achieved success with vRSLCM.
Our customer can use vRSLCM for managing their Test/Dev, Staging, and Production environments and perform the following operations in stages:
- Install/Upgrade and validate the deployment in Test/Dev Environment
- Green Field Deployment
- Brown Field Deployment
- Once the validations are successful with a Test Environment, customer can perform the management operations such as Install/Upgrade in staging environment using vRSLCM.
- Once the operations on Staging Environment is successful, finally the customer can perform the life cycle operations in Production Environment.
What does IQVIA customer have to say about vRSLCM
- I have been using vRSLCM since beta 1.0 release and I saw lots of improvements within a short time.
Today I have upgraded our production vRSLCM from 1.3 to 2.0 with 1 click – it was awesome and cool feature, I really liked it.
- We were able to upgrade our production vRealize Automation – from 7.2 to 7.4 within few hours!!!… that was really quick actually! If we do same upgrade manually it takes at least couple of days with lots of efforts and manual tasks.
vRealize Life Cycle Manager helped us to upgrade our production infrastructure real quick…
- We had some issues with NSX LB configuration and SAN certificate, once we corrected these issues, we were able to complete the deployment successfully without any error with few clicks!!!
I have verified all the vRA, vRLI, vROPS and vRBC, and everything looks good to me.
- we have 3 separate vRA instance running on our infrastructure, we definitely could utilize the vRSLCM for content, endpoint and BP management across our vRA infrastructure.
We want to utilize the vRSLCM for Blueprint as a Code and Infrastructure as a Code and many more things… which we could.
How customer got it right with vRSLCM:
- There are deployment failures in Test Environment due to infra issues such as Load Balancer config issues and SAN certificate issues (missing hostname in the Certificate). But after fixing the issues, the retry operation on the Request tab helped to retry the deployment request and complete the deployment successfully without restarting the process from the beginning.
- During the upgrade of vRA version 7.2 to 7.4 in Dev Environment, the upgrade of vRA has failed due to the duplicate tenant in vRA database, After removing the duplicate tenants, the retry of upgrade request in vRSLCM has seamlessly upgraded the vRA without having any issues.
- During the upgrade of vRA version 7.4 to 7.5 in Dev Environment, the upgrade of vRA has failed due to the duplicate Azure account in vRA database. After removing the duplicate accounts, the retry feature for upgrade request in vRSLCM has seamlessly upgraded the vRA successfully.
- During the upgrade of vRA version 7.4 to 7.5 in Production Environment, the upgrade of vRA has failed at management upgrades due to the installer issues, but the retry operation in vRSLCM has upgraded the vRA without any issues and without restarting the upgrade from the beginning. In case of manual scenario, user may need to revert the snapshot and retrigger the upgrade again but vRSLCM makes the upgrade process easier with the retry operation.