During VMworld 2021 (now called VMware Explore), we announced Workspace ONE Intelligence support for VMware Horizon. We are happy to share that Workspace ONE Intelligence for Horizon is now publicly available to Horizon customers. Workspace ONE Intelligence for Horizon delivers insights on health, performance, and usage visibility for your Horizon environment. With the support for Horizon, Workspace ONE Intelligence delivers end-to-end visibility across physical and virtual endpoints, enabling you to monitor environment health and performance, and ensure end-user experience in a centralized location, within the Workspace ONE Intelligence console!
Out-of-the-box, prebuilt Horizon dashboards
Dashboards are available under “Dashboard > Intelligence Dashboards > Horizon Monitoring.” Here are a few examples of out-of-the-box dashboards:
- Overview. Available locations/deployment types/pods/pools
- Key Metrics. Sessions and users, including total sessions, active sessions, and users
- Sessions Overview. Active, idle, and disconnected sessions breakdown across all deployments
- Sessions Trend. Active, idle, and disconnected sessions trend over time
- Connections Statistics. Breakdown of the protocols, Horizon client types by active user connections
- Users. Distributions of users against pods and list of users impacted by protocol latency and logon performance
- Utilization. Overall resource utilization aggregated by deployment type of the pods
Custom dashboards and reports
Custom dashboards and reports will allow you to create your own widgets using the Horizon data available in Workspace ONE Intelligence. Admins can also share these dashboards and reports with colleagues and business teams.
How to get started
First, make sure you meet all the prerequisites to use Workspace ONE Intelligence for Horizon:
- Connect your Horizon Enterprise to Horizon Cloud and the Cloud Connector
- Activate the Cloud Monitoring Service (CMS) for your Horizon Pods connected to Horizon Cloud
- You have a VMware Cloud Services Platform account with Org ID
Second, you need to set up the integration between Workspace ONE Intelligence and Horizon through the Workspace ONE Intelligence console. Enable the Horizon Cloud Integration by clicking “Horizon Cloud” under “Integrations” tab in Intelligence. It is a simple process with a few clicks. Please make sure the Horizon account used to do the integration has the super administrator role.
If you do not have a VMware CSP account yet, we are working toward getting you access to CSP and Workspace ONE. Please stay tuned!
To learn more, please read the datasheet and see our documentation.