RSA Conference 2021 runs from May 17 to May 20.
Looking back since the last edition of RSAC 15 months ago, the security landscape has dramatically changed thanks to COVID-19 and distributed work. And just a few weeks ago, VMware announced our VMware Anywhere Workspace solution, which counts securing the distributed edge for today’s anywhere workforce as one of its pillars.
All this is to say that once again, VMware will have a broad presence at the RSAC as a sponsor and in sessions, and there’s a lot of recent news to talk about! Today, we’re sharing a preview and guide to everything we are doing.
First, VMware will be part of the keynote:
- Telling Hard Truths to Impact Change in Cybersecurity – Angela Weinman, Head of Global Governance, Risk and Compliance, VMware – Monday, May 17, 8:35 AM PT. Angela will be joined by Jimmy Sanders, Information Security at Netflix DVD.
Next, we have three breakout sessions:
- Zero Trust, Zero Pain: A Practical Implementation with Intrinsic Security – Shawn Bass, EUC CTO, and Pere Monclus, Networking and Security CTO – Monday, May 17, 11:20 AM PT. [Session SPO1-M10.] With two of our CTOs getting together to talk about the biggest topic right now, this is sure to be a great session.
- Enemy Inside the Gates: Securing the New Battleground – Tom Gillis, SVP and GM, Networking and Security, and Christopher Kruegel VP of Security Services – Monday, May 17, 12:05 PM PT. [Session SPO1-M12.] This is our broad look at security strategy, ranging from the edge to private and public cloud.
- Escalation from Heist to Hostage: Modern Bank Heists 4.0 – Tom Kellermann, Head of Cybersecurity Strategy for VMware – Tuesday, May 18, 10:05 AM PT. [Session SPO2-T08.] This session examines the evolution of attacks in the last year.
Then we have six 30-minute on-demand briefing sessions covering EUC and other security topics. Think of this as what you would get if you walked up to our booth and asked what’s new with any of these topics. You can also look for us for live Q&A in our virtual booth.
- Zero Trust – Operationalizing Zero Trust with VMware. [Session SB-3144.] Covering NSX, Carbon Black, SD-WAN and SASE, and Workspace ONE.
- Anywhere Workspace – Zero Trust to Full Trust: Security for the Distributed Workforce. [Session SB-3151.] Covering Workspace ONE, Carbon Black Cloud Endpoint, and SD-WAN and SASE.
- Endpoint Security – How to Protect Your Remote Workforce from Ransomware Attacks. [Session SB-3146.] Covering Carbon Black Cloud Endpoint
- Public Cloud Security – Improving Public Cloud Security & Compliance Posture. [Session SB-3249.]
- DevSecOps – Shift Security Left and Accelerate Application Deployments. [Session SB-3206.] This will cover Carbon Black Cloud Workload Tanzu Advanced.
- Network Security – Data Center Security Survival Guide. [Session SB-3145.] Covering NSX Firewalls and NSX NDR.
Lastly, we have a couple of birds-of-a-feather interactive sessions. These are limited capacity, but you might be able to snag a last-minute seat: