VMware Scored Highest in 4 out of 6 Use Cases in the 2018 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Unified Endpoint Management
In July, VMware was named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) and we’re excited to announce we have scored highest in 4 out of 6 use cases in the 2018 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Unified Endpoint Management.
Gartner Critical Capabilities enhances the Gartner Magic Quadrant with deeper insight into vendors’ product and service offerings by providing ratings of how solutions support key capabilities and then combine these capabilities into several different use cases which are also then scored.
In the report, VMware was positioned highest 4 of the 6 use cases in global deployment, mixed app delivery, multiplatform device management, and PC management migration use cases. VMware also performed well across other use cases and critical capabilities, including nontraditional and unmanaged device management. VMware was only vendor to score a 4.0 or above in EVERY use case!
VMware Workspace ONE unified endpoint management (UEM), powered by AirWatch technology, is a scalable platform that enables organizations to securely manage any endpoint—from desktops and mobile to ruggedized and IoT devices—from a single pane-of-glass. Our platform enables IT to securely deliver and manage any app on any device by integrating access control, app management, and multi-platform modern endpoint management. In addition to its comprehensive support across Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android, Workspace ONE also includes analytics capabilities and support for customers migrating from traditional network-based client management tools (CMT) to modern UEM-based PC management.
As market focus has shifted from CMT-based PC management and EMM-based mobile device management to modern UEM-based management for all devices, VMware has maintained a rapid pace of innovation to help customers prepare for the next generation of digital innovation. In the last year, we’ve delivered new and innovative solutions that differentiate Workspace ONE, including:
- Full modern management of Windows PCs with out-of-the-box onboarding, full GPO and MDM API support, granular over-the-air patching, modern Internet-based and Peer-to-Peer software distribution, and complete lifecycle management of BitLocker.
- Workspace ONE AirLift connector for co-management alongside Microsoft System Center Configuration Management (SCCM), allowing customers to speed and de-risk transition efforts and easily migrate PCLM tasks to a more cost-efficient, secure and cloud-based modern management model. AirLift automatically migrates legacy SCCM collections and Win32 app packages into Workspace ONE groups and app packages, respectively.
- MacOS modern management that streamlines traditional imaging-based onboarding and configuration with a complete over-the-air model leveraging Apple DEP, as well as a native Workspace ONE app and complete application lifecycle management for native Mac applications.
- Expansion of lifecycle management and consistent experiences for all apps regardless of OS platforms across desktop and mobile with integrated virtual app and native Win32 and macOS app delivery.
- Introduction of Workspace ONE Intelligence, which enables the first and only intelligence-driven digital workspace to dramatically reduce IT time and cost for PC management and enable predictive security across the perimeter-less environment. These include dashboards and automated workflows related to Windows patching, high severity vulnerabilities, app/OS compatibility and patch readiness and even BIOS/firmware and battery monitoring.
- First solution to offer management for Chrome devices, with Workspace ONE app catalog support for Chrome and even the ability to deliver Windows apps and desktops to Chrome OS devices with VMWare Horizon integration
- Scalable support for corporate-owned, rugged devices deployed in Android Enterprise managed device mode which offers simplified deployment options, complete app management, and comprehensive security.
- Support for hundreds of different Workspace IoT endpoints, including wearables, mobile printers and peripherals, and single-purpose devices (like interactive kiosks and digital signage).
Now is the time to do your research and develop a migration plan for moving from traditional PC and Mac management to a single modern UEM approach. We encourage you to download Gartner’s new Critical Capabilities to start your research and see how VMware is uniquely positioned to help you improve cost savings, security, and user experience with Workspace ONE.
Source: Gartner, Inc., Critical Capabilities for Unified Endpoint Management, Chris Silva, et al, August 29, 2018.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.