The Powerful New Samsung Galaxy Note9 and Workspace ONE
Today, Samsung announced the latest device in their Samsung Galaxy fleet: The Samsung Galaxy Note9. VMware Workspace ONE, powered by AirWatch technology, will support this new smartphone when they are available on August 24.
Samsung Galaxy Note9
Samsung made many announcements during Unpacked 2018 around the seamless and connected experiences they are enabling on their devices. Here are a few features that we’re most excited about which will empower mobile users with the most powerful and intelligent Samsung smartphone yet: the new Samsung Galaxy Note9.
- A major theme of Unpacked and the latest Samsung flagship device was always staying connected and never letting phone limitations stop you. With the Note9, users will be able to download and use the apps that they want without worrying about limited storage, a fast-draining battery, or slow processing power. The all-day battery, enormous memory (phones starting at 128GB or 512GB with the option of expandable additional storage) and a fast, 10nm processor, will allow these devices to always be available and ready, no matter where you are or what your day brings.
- The improved S Pen expands its abilities to serve as a remote in addition to a stylus. Gone are the days of “next slide, please” during your presentation. Presenters can use the Bluetooth-enabled S Pen as a remote to move their own slides forward or back. The S Pen charges when placed in the phone so it will always be ready when you are.
- Samsung DeX is a powerful tool that brings a PC-like experience powered by your smartphone. With the Note9, DeX can be enabled straight from the phone, without requiring the DeX Station or Pad. And with the dual mode, users can use their phone while having work apps open on the full-screen monitor.
We are always excited for the latest Samsung flagship devices that deliver innovative features that users will love. Today’s workers are mobile and expect the ability to choose their preferred device. With consumers being on the leading edge of technology, especially when it comes to their smartphones, digital workspaces enable device choice by providing seamless access to business-critical apps and resources from anywhere. The combination of powerful Samsung Galaxy devices and Workspace ONE, workers will be able to do more and work faster even while away from the office.
Samsung and VMware have joint solutions that provide work from anywhere transformation
- Samsung DeX – productivity solutions with Workspace ONE and Horizon
- Samsung DeX enables mobile workers to use their device with a full monitor for ultimate productivity. When in DeX mode, apps can be opened in full-screen mode and can be arranged side-by-side for multitasking capabilities. Workspace ONE and Horizon are optimized for DeX, enabling users to access any app and virtual Windows desktops from anywhere. And with DeX, organizations can consolidate hardware and enable workers to access all their business apps and desktops from their smartphone or tablet.
- See how Samsung DeX and Workspace ONE enables mobile productivity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKFJs_hlHEk
- Samsung devices – lifecycle management through Workspace ONE UEM
- Starting from out of the box, Samsung devices can be bulk enrolled with Knox Mobile Enrollment. Once the device is connected to a network, registration is initiated, and the device gets automatically configured with apps and policies set by the administrator. This provides a streamlined way for corporate devices to be provisioned and makes sure that devices are enrolled, even after factory reset.
- Samsung Knox Platform for Enterprise (KPE) provides organizations with powerful security and management capabilities. With the latest release of Workspace ONE UEM, administrators can configure Knox policies and restrictions in the same profile as Android enterprise, simplifying IT processes and securing corporate resources.
- Workspace ONE UEM also integrates with Samsung Enterprise Firmware Over-the-Air (E-FOTA) to allow administrators to manage and restrict firmware updates on Samsung devices. With E-FOTA, organizations are able to complete compatibility testing for apps and security before pushing updates to devices.
Together, Workspace ONE UEM and Samsung deliver advanced security and management to keep all endpoints protected and enabled. We are excited for the powerful Samsung Galaxy Note9 and to see how it will eliminate gaps for unstoppable mobile workers.
Samsung at VMworld 2018
Samsung will be at VMworld 2018. Discover how VMware and Samsung are reimagining the future of work in a mobile-first world [LDT3835BUS] and see their latest devices at booth 2519.
To see how digital workspaces are transforming businesses and delighting customers, attend the Digital Workspace Keynote [DW3727KU].