We’re excited to announce we’ve been named a Leader in Gartner’s inaugural July 2018 Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management (UEM), positioned highest in ability to execute and furthest in completeness of vision for our product solution.
Over the past couple of years, market focus has shifted from traditional client management tools (CMT) and enterprise mobility management (EMM) to unified endpoint management (UEM), which enables organizations to securely manage any endpoint—from desktops and mobile to IoT devices—from a single pane of glass. We believe this market shift is the reason Gartner recently retired their Magic Quadrants for both CMT and EMM and launched a new quadrant for UEM.
VMware’s UEM solution, Workspace ONE, is an intelligence-driven digital workspace platform powered by AirWatch technology. The platform enables IT to securely deliver and manage any app on any device by integrating access control, app management, and multi-platform modern endpoint management. In addition to its comprehensive support across Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android, Workspace ONE also includes analytics capabilities and support for customers migrating from traditional network-based CMT to modern UEM-based PC management.
VMware has maintained a rapid pace of innovation to help customers prepare for the next generation of digital innovation. In the last year, we’ve delivered new and innovative solutions that differentiate Workspace ONE, including:
- Full modern management of Windows PCs with out-of-the-box onboarding, full GPO and MDM API support, granular over-the-air patching, modern Internet-based and Peer-to-Peer software distribution, and complete lifecycle management of BitLocker.
- Workspace ONE AirLift connector for co-management alongside Microsoft System Center Configuration Management, allowing customers to speed and de-risk transition efforts and easily migrate PCLM tasks to a more cost-efficient, secure and cloud-based modern management model.
- Expansion of lifecycle management and consistent experiences for all apps regardless of OS platforms across desktop and mobile with integrated virtual app delivery and Win32 capabilities.
- Introduction of Workspace ONE Intelligence, the first and only intelligence-driven digital workspace to dramatically reduce IT time and cost for PC management and enable predictive security across the perimeter-less environment. These include dashboards and automated workflows related to Windows patching, high severity vulnerabilities, and even BIOS/firmware and battery monitoring.
- New MacOS modern management that streamlines traditional imaging-based onboarding and configuration with a complete over-the-air model leveraging Apple DEP, as well as a native Workspace ONE app and complete application lifecycle management for native Mac applications.
- First solution to offer management for Chrome devices which we believe makes Workspace ONE the industry’s leading digital workspace platform for iOS, Android, Windows 10, macOS, and Chrome OS.
- Scalable support for corporate-owned, rugged devices deployed in Android Enterprise managed device mode which offers simplified deployment options, complete app management, and comprehensive security.
- Continued support for workplace IoT endpoints, including wearables, peripherals, and single-purpose devices (like interactive kiosks and digital signage).
Now is the time to migrate from traditional PC and Mac management to a single modern approach, and at VMware, we’d love to help you achieve this. We encourage you to download Gartner’s new Magic Quadrant to see why we believe VMware is uniquely positioned to help you improve cost savings, security, and user experience with Workspace ONE.
Source: Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools, Chris Silva, et al, July 23, 2018.
Disclaimer: This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from [insert client name or reprint URL].
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.