[Video] How Does Samsung DeX Work With VMware Workspace ONE?
We partnered with Samsung again earlier this year to support the new Samsung DeX docking station—which turns Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ and Samsung Galaxy Note8 phones into desktop experiences—with VMware Workspace ONE and VMware Horizon.
Today, we’ll show you how the technologies work together in a new demo. Watch how VMware and Samsung unify the mobile and desktop experience.
- A universal app catalog: Users can find all the cloud, web, native and virtual apps that IT has provisioned to them from one, unified location on Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note8 devices. Watch the demo to see how users can easily customize and navigate the intuitive interface.
- Identity-based, single sign-on (SSO) access: From the enterprise app catalog, users can open and SSO into cloud services, native apps, “behind-the-firewall” web apps and virtual desktops and apps. Click here for more information on how SSO works with Workspace ONE.
- Full keyboard and mouse support: By docking compatible Samsung devices into the Samsung DeX station, users automatically initiate Samsung DeX mode, which presents an Android desktop along with full peripheral support.
- Windows desktop launched in full-screen mode: Loading a complete Windows desktop in full-screen mode, with the familiar Windows experience, is easy and fast. Watch the demo to see how Blast Extreme Adaptive Transport provides top graphics performance, while minimizing latency impacts in low-bandwidth environments.
- Access to critical Windows applications: Clicking on the Horizon icon using the docked mouse presents users with all the most recently used, virtual Windows apps and desktops that are available.