EUC at VMworld 2017 U.S. Live Blog
This is it. The biggest end-user computing (EUC) event of the year is happening right now in Vegas. We expect lots of EUC announcements, demos, photos and sneak peeks to surface—so much news that we’re documenting it all right here, live.
Consider this your hub for everything EUC at VMworld 2017. Check back often for updates and surprises.
- VMworld 2017 officially kicks off in Vegas!
- #BestEUCLeader Sumit Dhawan shares our vision at Partner Exchange @ VMworld 2017.
— VMware Partner Exch. (@VMwarePEX) August 27, 2017
- VMware and HP Inc. announce a partnership that will add VMware Workspace ONE to HP Device as a Service (DaaS). Read the news release.
- “IT needs to fundamentally think different about endpoints especially as diversity in endpoints keep changing,” Renu Upadhyay, our director of product marketing, told IT Pro.
- EUC takes center stage during the General Session with CEO Pat Gelsinger, including the announcement of our partnership with HP Inc. and an interview with Capital One’s EUC leader. Watch on demand.
— VMware WorkspaceONE (@WorkspaceONE) August 28, 2017
- EUC Champions Sean Massey, Johan van Amersfoot, Matthew Heldstab, Earl Gay and Dane Young share virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) best practices in a panel discussion. TechTarget highlights three.
- Sumit reveals the latest innovations in the digital workspace to a packed room at VMworld’s first EUC Showcase Keynote. He is joined by our CTO Shawn Bass, Apple Head of Global Enterprise Strategy Matt Brennan, our Senior Product Line Manager Marshall Anne Busbee and others. See the highlights here.
- We announce the industry’s first unified end-user experience, management and security solution for all endpoints and platforms. Read Renu’s blog.
- Managing virtual desktops and apps never looked so good. From VMworld, Shankar Iyer, SVP and GM of our desktop business, shares new innovations on the way. Read Shankar’s blog.
- The force is strong with unified endpoint management (UEM), said Jeff McGrath, our senior director of product marketing. VMware leads Chrome OS, macOS, Windows 10, rugged device and identity and access management. Read Jeff’s blog.
- We announce our vision for digital workspace analytics: Workspace ONE Intelligence. Nicolas Rochard, our director of product marketing, has all the details on the new capabilties. Read Nicolas’s blog.
- It’s #TakeoverTuesday on Facebook! Follow Noah Wasmer, our head of mobile R&D, and follow Shawn for Day 2 at VMworld.
- What’s next for VMware Horizon 7? Pat Lee, our VP of product management, and Sheldon D’Paiva, director of product marketing, have the scoop on Horizon 7.3. Read their blog.
- Sumit goes live from VMworld. Watch his interview.
- Dell expands VDI Complete Solutions with options based on VMware Horizon Apps and NVIDIA GRID technology, said Brigitte Skakkebaek, our senior product marketing manager. Read Brigitte’s blog.
- Today, we launch a tech preview of another important service for Workspace ONE. We call it Workspace ONE mobile flows service, said Kelly Masters, our product marketing specialist. Read Kelly’s blog.
- Thanks to today’s news on Horizon and VMware Cloud Foundation, you can literally configure and deploy Horizon 7 at the push of a button, said Sheldon D’Paiva, our director of product marketing. Read Sheldon’s blog.
- What’s everyone saying about the news surrounding Workspace ONE? Angela Leaf, PR manager, shares seven headlines and quotes from this week. Read Angela’s blog.
- VMware and NVIDIA are pumping up the metrics for VMware vRealize Operations for Horizon, said Nina Seth, our product marketing manager, and Cris Lau, senior product manager. That means expanded dashboards and greater insights for admins. Read their blog.
- “Our stated ambition has always been to have people love their work,” Noah told Colin Steele of TechTarget on improving user experiences with Workspace ONE. Read TechTarget’s blog.
- Windows 10 management, Connect at VMworld, Workspace ONE Intelligence—EUC bloggers and analysts Jack Madden and Gabe Knuth cover it all! Listen to the podcast.