VMware EUC All-Stars at VMworld: We’re Bringing out the Big Brains
That’s right. We’re bringing out the big brains, our senior solutions architects and technical marketing leaders for VMware End-User Computing (EUC). Learn directly from the people that know the technology best at these hands-on labs, breakout sessions, roundtable discussions and quick talks—only at VMworld 2017.
AirWatch Technical Breakout Sessions, Roundtables & Talks
AirWatch, Windows 10 and Horizon admins, these technical topics are for you! Learn from our best and brightest at EUC at these VMworld events.
Matt is our director of technical marketing for VMware EUC. He leads a team of experienced EUC architects who develop technical deep dive content, reference architectures and hands-on labs for VMware field, partners and customers. Matt has worked on desktop virtualization since its inception at VMware in 2007—first in engineering, then as a field consultant, then as a global practice lead and finally through his role within Technical Marketing.
- Breakout Session: Enabling Simple, Secure Access to Your VMware Horizon and Citrix Virtual Desktops and Apps with Workspace ONE [SAAM1150BU]
- Breakout Session: Delivering Virtual Desktops and Apps via the Digital Workspace with Workspace ONE and Horizon [ADV1591BU]
- Expert Roundtable: Delivering virtual desktops and apps via the Digital Workspace with Workspace ONE and Horizon with Matt Coppinger [MTE4820U]
Camilo, a senior technical marketing manager at VMware EUC, is our go-to guy for identity and access management expertise. A five-year VMware employee, he’s worked across various teams including technical support, sales engineering and technical marketing. That includes serving as technical advisor for clients across market verticals, as well as providing technical enablement across VMware. A Georgia Tech grad, Camilo holds a degree in industrial and systems engineering.
- Partner Exchange Bootcamp: Technical Deep Dive: Workspace ONE App Access & Security [PAR4405BCU]
- Expert Roundtable: Enable Mobile Single Sign-on from Mobile Devices with Workspace ONE, Powered by AirWatch with Camilo Lotero [MTE4830U]
- Breakout Session: Securing Access & Protecting Information in Microsoft Office 365 with Workspace ONE [SAAM2291BU]
Josué serves as senior solutions architect at VMware EUC for Windows platforms, including Windows 10. Another five-year employee, Josué works with clients to define the best way to integrate the latest EUC technologies into their businesses to solve challenges associated with mobile device deployment, management and security. Another brilliant Georgia Tech grad, Josué holds a degree in computer engineering.
- Partner Exchange Breakout Session: An Insider’s View Into Windows 10 Management with AirWatch [PAR4391BU]
- Expert Roundtable: Taking a Cloud First, Modern IT Approach to Windows 10 Management with Josue Negron [MTE4828U]
- Expert Roundtable: Elevates Your Windows Security Architecture with Josue Negron [MTE4827U]
- Breakout Session: Today’s Cyberthreat Revolution: How VMware Elevates Your Windows Security Architecture [UEM1830BU]
Josue leads product marketing for identity management in Workspace ONE, driving technical enablement, business strategy, demand and awareness. As senior product line marketing manager at VMware, he’s also our identity evangelist online, through social media and at events. Before this role, he led product marketing for VMware Horizon Air (now VMware Horizon Cloud), and he spent time in product management and product marketing for cloud, systems management and security technologies at Citrix and Microsoft.
- Quick Talk: Introduction to Password-Less Single Sign-On for Mobile Devices with Workspace ONE [SAAM1084QU]
- Partner Exchange Breakout Session: Technical Deep Dive: Workspace ONE App Access and Security [PAR4392BU]
- Breakout Session: Introduction to Access Management in Workspace ONE [SAAM2288BU]
- Breakout Session: VMware on VMware: Winning a Single Sign-On Solution with Workspace ONE [SAAM1321BU]
Jim is one of our senior managers in EUC Technical Marketing. With over 25 years of experience in the IT field, his areas of expertise include datacenter server and storage architecture, Business Mobility, and End User Computing.
- Breakout Session: Beyond the Marketing: VMware Horizon 7.1 Instant Clones Deep Dive [ADV1594BU]
- Breakout Session: Your VDI Trifecta: Instant clones, App Volumes, and UEM [ADV1246BU]
Graeme is a Senior Architect on our EUC Technical Marketing team. In this role, he leads content development for VMware EUC solution enablement sessions known as technical deep dives. His roles and responsibilities involve designing and writing reference architecture papers, whitepapers, reviewers guides. Additionally, he helps develop tools to assist customers in the design, deployment, management and monitoring of VMware EUC solutions.
- Breakout Session: NSX + VMware Horizon: A Security Architecture for Delivering Desktops and Applications with VMware [ADV1587BU]
- Expert Roundtable: NSX with Horizon with Graeme Gordon [MTE4824U]
- Breakout Session: Implementing Horizon 7 and Horizon Apps on VxRail [ADV1589BU]
- Panel Discussion: Empowering the digital workspace: balancing tomorrow’s trends with today’s needs [UEM3332PUS]
- Breakout Session: What’s New in Horizon 7: Technical Deep Dive [ADV1586BU]
- Breakout Session: Architecting Horizon 7 and Horizon Apps [ADV1588BU]
- Expert Roundtable: Dell EMC VDI Complete- A turn-key desktop and application virtualization solution with Greame Gordon [MTE4818U]
Frank is one of our VMware End-User Computing Technical Marketing Solutions Architects. He is currently focused on creating best-practices technical collateral throughout the Horizon portfolio, including performance studies, white papers, enablement of technical communities, and tool development. He has over 20 years of industry experience in end-user computing in the design, implementation, testing, and support of complex computing environments of many varieties.
- Breakout Session: Solve Your Citrix Problems with VMware Technologies [ADV1582BU]
- Expert Roundtable: Horizon Design Considerations with Frank Anderson [MTE4823U]
- Breakout Session: Architecting Horizon 7 and Horizon Apps [ADV1588BU]
Rick is a man who wears many hats, serving as an EUC Technical Marketing Architect, and as the Retail lead in the Global Field Office of the CTO. When he isn’t developing technical content for VMware End User Computing, he spends time with the various other business units in VMware to make sure that products and solutions align with the needs of retail customers. Rick is a regular speaker at VMworld on different topics. Prior to VMware, Rick worked for NetIQ, Appetizers And, Inc. and at Arthur Andersen.
- Partner Exchange Breakout Session: Horizon Trends and Tools: A New Sizing Wizard to Automate Customer Designs [PAR4394BU]
- Breakout Session: Horizon Cloud Service: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know [ADV1596BU]
- Breakout Session: Horizon Cloud Service – Deploying Desktops and Applications with Multi-Cloud Flexibility [ADV1595BU]
As a Technical Marketing Architect, Josh brings nearly two decades of Desktop Engineering experience to writing technical enablement content for internal, partner, and customer consumption.
- Breakout Session: Troubleshooting Your Horizon 7 Deployment [ADV1592BU]
- Breakout Session: Horizon Apps and JMP: Technical Deep Dive [ADV1593BU]
- Expert Roundtable: VMware App Volumes with Josh Spencer [MTE4822U]
EUC Hands-on Labs at VMworld
Sign up in advance for expert-led workshops or check into self-paced labs on a first-come, first-serve basis with our AirWatch architect all-star team.
Justin is a senior solutions architect with the VMware Technical Marketing team. He’s been with us two years in Atlanta, after working five years as a software developer. He helps build tools and support AirWatch Hands-on Labs automation.
Shardul joined us right out of school, and he’s been an AirWatch employee for five years now. After multiple roles in pre-sales engineering, he moved to our team as a senior architect with focus on end-user computing (EUC), tech partner integrations and mobile application management (MAM).
- Expert-Led Workshop: AirWatch Getting Started Workshop [ELW185701U]
- Expert-Led Workshop: AirWatch with VMware Workspace ONE Workshop [ELW185703U]
- Self-Paced Lab: AirWatch Android Management [SPL185707U]
- Self-Paced Lab: AirWatch Getting Started [SPL185701U]
- Self-Paced Lab: AirWatch Productivity Apps [SPL185704U]
- Self-Paced Lab: AirWatch Unified Endpoint Management for Windows 10 [SPL185702U]
- Self-Paced Lab: AirWatch Directory and Certificate Authority Integration [SPL185706U]
- Self-Paced Lab: AirWatch with Workspace ONE [SPL185703U]
- Self-Paced Lab: AirWatch Mobile Application Management and Developer Tools [SPL185705U]
- Self-Paced Lab: AirWatch Technology Partner Integration [SPL185708U]
If you’re craving a hands-on lab experience with the Horizon 7 product line – worry not! The EUC Tech Marketing team will debut no less than 13 more new labs. Here are just a few of the exciting new options:
- Expert-Led Workshop: Horizon 7 Enterprise – Getting Started Workshop [ELW185101U]
- Expert-Led Workshop: VMware App Volumes – Getting Started [ELW185103U]
- Expert-Led Workshop: VMware User Environment Manager – Getting Started Workshop [ELW185104U]
- Expert-Led Workshop: VMware Workspace One and VMware Horizon 7 Workshop [ELW185105U]
- Expert-Led Workshop: VMware Horizon Cloud – Getting Started [ELW185601U]
- Self-Paced Lab: Horizon 7 Enterprise – Getting Started [SPL185101U]
- Self-Paced Lab: Horizon 7 – Instant Clones [SPL185102U]
- Self-Paced Lab: VMware App Volumes – Getting Started [SPL185103U]
- Self-Paced Lab: VMware User Environment Manager – Getting Started [SPL185104U]
- Self-Paced Lab: VMware Workspace One and VMware Horizon 7 [SPL185105U]
- Self-Paced Lab: VMware Horizon Cloud – Getting Started [SPL185601U]
Last but not least, meet me! The friendly author of this post and writer extraordinaire. I’ll be repping EUC Technical Marketing at VMworld this year seeking feedback from current and potential EUC customers about their experience finding and using EUC resources. You can find me around the demo booths and in the areas where attendees generally congregate. If you want to provide feedback, but missed the opportunity to sync up at VMworld, please comment on this post, or send an email to our team email account: firstname.lastname@example.org, and someone will get in touch with you.
I’ve been working as a technical writer at VMware AirWatch since August 2012. I spent the first few years working on the technical documentation team before switching to technical marketing in November of 2016. My career experience prior to 2012 is in the education field, where I first mastered the art of writing instructional materials. My primary professional interests relate to user engagement and experience, as well using data and metrics to prove the effectiveness of the content EUC Technical Marketing produces.
Be there for it all—product announcements, free hands-on learning, access to EUC experts—at the biggest event of the year for EUC pros. Our last conference passes are waiting for you here.