Mercy Innovates from the Data Center to the Patient Bedside
Mercy is an integrated healthcare organization with 43 hospitals and more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, serving more than 3 million patients a year. Through technology, Mercy wants to be better partners with their patients, giving them more guidance and preventing problems before they happen.
Mercy received the 2016 HIMSS Nicholas E. Davies Award of Excellence for using health information technology to improve patient care and the bottom line. VMware helps Mercy innovate in healthcare from the data center to the patient’s bedside.
- Mercy’s goal is to analyze data to provide better outcomes for patients – making sure they have the right product for the right patient at the right time – and also to keep that data secure with VMware NSX and VMware vRealize Automation.
- Mercy is using the VMware vCloud Air partner network to provide general healthcare-class hosting
- Mobile devices increase care in patients’ homes, extending their clinical care team. Mercy also uses the tablet-based Mercy Bedside app, managed by VMware AirWatch, which patients and their families can use while in the hospital to ease the care process.
“The role that VMware has played … really is enabling the technology. Building these solutions is impossible without the ability to utilize technology as seamlessly as we use our stethoscopes.”
—Todd Stewart, Vice President of Clinical Integrated Solutions, Mercy
Learn more about innovative solutions for healthcare at vmware.com/solutions/industry/healthcare.
Because you liked this video:
- VMware Horizon VDI Powers WCH’s Hospital of the Future
- Case Study: Halton Healthcare Modernizes Data Centers & Expands with New Hospital
- American Red Cross Uses VDI for Faster Disaster Relief