Introducing VMware Workspace ONE Essentials
As we look back over the last year, it’s been an incredible ride for VMware’s End-User Computing team. We introduced VMware Workspace ONE in February to transform the delivery of secure digital workspaces to workers on any device anywhere. The feedback has been extremely positive, with organizations like American Red Cross using Workspace ONE to enable consumer-simple productivity and enterprise-secure business mobility.
We also learned a ton about the types of digital workspaces workers want and the capabilities businesses need to ensure their success. One area of feedback is a desire for a lower priced edition of Workspace ONE that solves for simpler use cases. In these scenarios, users need to access web apps and public native mobile apps from personal devices. These bring-your-own (BYO) use cases do not require device or mobile application management.
To answer this need, today we introduced a new member of the Workspace ONE family: Workspace ONE Essentials.
What Is Workspace ONE Essentials?
Workspace ONE Essentials is a new entry-level edition into the digital workspace. At $4 per user per month, Workspace ONE Essentials provides users with a unified catalog for single sign-on (SSO) access to web and mobile applications on unmanaged devices. This new offering packages many existing Workspace ONE capabilities into a new offering with the following capabilities:
- Self-service app catalog/launcher: Unified access to web or public native mobile apps.
- SSO with basic conditional access: SSO access to applications and secure conditional access rules based on user, device type, network location and/or authentication strength.
- Integrated multi-factor authentication: Enforce two-factor authentication on apps with VMware Verify, giving workers one-touch simplicity on their mobile phones.
- Usage reporting and analytics: Gain insight into what users are accessing via which applications and how often.
With Workspace ONE essentials, organizations can ensure full coverage for any user with a complete portfolio of offerings that are right-sized based on use case.
Who Should Consider Workspace ONE Essentials?
Workspace ONE Essentials is designed for end users who:
- Need access to a limited set of apps, such as web apps and public native mobile apps.
- Are using personal, completely unmanaged devices.
- Benefit from a consumer-simple experience via a single app catalog and launcher with built-in SSO.
In short, Workspace ONE Essentials enables organizations with BYO and unmanaged end-user populations to gain significant benefits from delivering a better user experience with enhanced security and control.
Take the Next Step
We’re excited about the introduction of Workspace ONE Essentials, and we encourage you to learn more on our website. Sign up for a custom demo to see how to simplify and transform the delivery of secure, digital workspaces for your end users.
More EUC news from VMworld Europe 2016: