VMware Horizon 7 & FlexPod Data Center: Rethinking Desktop Transformation
For six years, enterprises around the world have depended on FlexPod as their converged infrastructure of choice for delivering mission-critical workloads with greater performance, agility and economic value. In the first five years alone, over 6,300 customers deployed the platform, supported by more than 100 validated designs and 1,100-plus partners, who have built their data center practice around this solution.
As more organizations embrace the software-defined data center, we see several paths on how they can get there. One is certainly a “build-your-own” approach that requires the IT team to have deep architectural and operational expertise in sizing workload and building a system for performance that can scale in a linearly predictable way. But it also requires commitment to a sometimes-protracted design and deployment cycle, which can lengthen time-to-service and make ROI more elusive. Most aspire to a cloud-like model that offers the kind of service elasticity and predictable costs typically not found when stitching the required components together.
This is why so many organizations have chosen FlexPod Data Center—built on VMware, Cisco and NetApp—to power their desktop transformation initiatives. With a proven solution built on three industry leaders, IT can deploy a platform that realizes the benefits of a private cloud, without the guesswork, infrastructure complexity or protracted time-to-service.
We’re very excited to see the value of VMware Horizon 7 with FlexPod Data Center take shape in this new combined offer that delivers everything you need for delivering digital workspaces built on your own scalable infrastructure. Benefits of combining Horizon 7 with FlexPod Data Center include:
- Built on Cisco UCS, with 100-plus world record benchmarks: Delivering industry leadership with first-to-market benchmarking results that exceed those set by other x86 server platforms for predictable performance in virtual desktop deployments of any size.
- 20x reduction in latency over traditional disk: Leverage all-flash configurations to deliver uncompromised virtual desktop and application user experience that scales as demand grows.
Business and Infrastructure Agility
- 83% reduction in desktop provisioning cycle time: Rapidly deliver stateless desktops that retain user persona and customization with Horizon Instant Clone Technology.
- 20% reduction in help desk costs: With end-to-end desktop and application performance analytics and in-guest metrics, organizations can quickly isolate faults impacting user experience.
Accelerated Economic Value
- Storage costs as low as $35 per desktop: With NetApp FAS, deliver affordable, consistent user experiences for deployments of all sizes.
- Reduce storage footprint by 70%: With one-to-many provisioning for radically faster application delivery, combined with unified app and user management, reduce desktop image management efforts by up to 95%.
- Flash at the price of disk: Higher capacity SSDs can now take the place of high-performance HDDs at near-parity pricing. NetApp storage arrays are built for massive scale-up and scale-out architectures.
For more information on how FlexPod Data Center can accelerate your Horizon 7 desktop transformation initiative, please visit our solution page.
For more information on Horizon 7, please visit www.vmware.com/go/horizon.
Because you liked this blog: