Atlantis Computing and VMware have partnered to offer a best-in-class VDI solution, combining Atlantis ILIO and VMware® Horizon View™. This joint solution allows IT teams to provide around-the-clock access to digitized information and applications—anytime, anywhere, and more important than ever, from any device. The solution not only gives employees more freedom, but it also keeps IT in control while lowering TCO, improving user experience and delivering Virtual Desktop performance that is better than a PC.
Hear from Chris Green, VP of Infrastructure at Washington Trust Bank about:
- How Washington Trust Bank deployed the Atlantis Computing and VMware solution to reduce their TCO while upgrading the end user infrastructure from Windows XP to Windows 7
- The technical and operational best practices followed by Washington Trust Bank
- How to lower storage costs and deliver a high performance, scalable virtual desktop infrastructure
This is what Chris Green has to say about the Atlantis Computing and VMware solution… “Our employees needed to have performance on par with a physical desktop. If adding more storage was the only solution, we were going to kill the VDI project… We had a sizable user base that experienced the pre-ILIO virtual desktop performance issues and once we migrated all the users to Atlantis ILIO, it was completely positive and the issues users were having evaporated.”
With Atlantis Computing and VMware Washing Trust Bank was able to:
- Provide its users with the flexibility to use their device of choice
- Deploy a VDI implementation using 100% software
- Enjoy Virtual Desktop performance that is better-than-PC
- Significantly reduced CAPEX and OPEX
- Increase security as compared to physical desktops and continue compliance with industry regulatory requirements
- Deliver a much faster VDI implementation with lower risk
- Employ an enterprise-ready solution with full support for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
We encourage you to read about this exciting, new joint Financial Services solution. These architectures represent VDI technologies that power some of the largest VDI deployments in the world. To find our more information about our technologies visit Atlantis Computing and VMware Horizon View.