There is no stopping of the cloud momentum according to analysis shared by David Vellante, co-CEO of SiliconANGLE Media, as well as co-founder and Chief Analyst at The Wikibon Project. VMware Cloud on AWS and AWS overall demonstrated highly elevated spending performance, as noted in this analysis.
Customers have chosen the VMware Cloud on AWS for several use cases including cloud migration, datacenter extension, virtual desktops, and disaster recovery to accelerate digital transformation over the recent years. And in today’s blog, I would like to focus on Modern Applications (Apps), which is another strong use case of VMware Cloud on AWS.
In a recent Q&A from Radium with VMware Cloud CTO Kit Colbert, he mentions the evolving role of ‘Platform Ops Team’ towards accelerating App modernization initiatives including their impact on traditional IT organizations that are becoming more platform centric and services oriented. Earlier this year, VMware Cloud on AWS announced that customers can deploy VMware Tanzu Standard to empower Platform Operators and SREs to run and manage cloud native applications on a fully managed infrastructure. This is an important milestone, and VMware Cloud on AWS will continue to advance the skillset of the IT admins to up level them into delivering automation and services for accelerating app development.
If you are an IT admin, and would like to start advancing by up leveling skillsets through familiar VMware tools, please see the video tutorial developed by our Sr. Technical Marketing Architect Eric Shanks, who demonstrates how you could leverage VMware Cloud on AWS for Kubernetes workloads. Eric also outlines in this blog specifically how to set up firewall rules for VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid (TKG) in VMware Cloud on AWS to benefit from an upstream compliant, enterprise-grade and consistent Kubernetes deployment for your developer teams.
If you are a Platform Operator or SRE, who is looking for technical deep dives on why VMware Tanzu Standard and VMware Cloud are better together for running and managing enterprise-grade Kubernetes, kindly navigate our resources on VMware Cloud Tech Zone. Outlined below are blogs, a workshop guide, and multiple videos on the steps to operate Modern Apps using best practices for enterprise and through cloud native tools-
- Blog series:
- Workshop Guide: Demo appliance for TKG
Get ready to begin your journey to App Modernization for your organization today itself using the combined benefits of VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Tanzu Standard.
- Register for VMworld 2021 and attend App Modernization Deep Dive with VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Tanzu [MCL2290]
- Learn about VMware Cloud on AWS
- Learn about VMware Tanzu Standard
- Blog on managing lifecycle of Tanzu Kubernetes Clusters on VMware Cloud on AWS, using Tanzu Mission Control
For more information related to VMware Cloud on AWS, here are some more learning resources for you:
- You can learn more about our VMware Cloud on AWS service at the VMware Cloud on AWS website or by viewing VMware Cloud on AWS: Overview.
- Follow us on Twitter @vmwarecloudaws and give us a shout with #VMWonAWS.
- Leverage the new VMware Cloud on AWS Techzone for curated technical documentation.
- Watch informative demos, overview videos, webinars and hear from our customers: VMware Cloud on AWS on YouTube.
- Try the VMware Cloud on AWS Lightening Lab for a first-hand immersive experience.
- Read our latest VMware Cloud on AWS blogs.
- Obtain the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Brief and VMware Cloud on AWS TCO 1-pager.
- Follow the VMware Cloud on AWS release notes, VMware Site Recovery release notes and VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery release notes on continuing updates.
- Read Technical Guides on Operations, Applications, and Performance.
- Listen to latest episodes of VMware Cloud on AWS Unplugged Podcast
- Check out Cloud Customer Success Community, engage with your peers and get your questions answered.