In the latest episode (below) of Cloud Executive Perspectives, VMware’s Mark Lohmeyer, SVP/GM Cloud Services caught up with Clay Magouryk, Executive VP of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to talk about how Oracle Cloud VMware Solution solves a variety of challenges faced by customers today.
Mark and Clay discuss:
- The genesis of Oracle Cloud VMware Solution
- What differentiates OCVS from other Hyperscaler solutions (hint: customer control is key along with availability zones)
- How Oracle Cloud VMware Solution addresses specific customer needs
This episode delves into the core use cases for Oracle Cloud VMware Solution such as:
- Data center migration: Moving workloads from on premises to OCVS (consolidating or decommissioning data centers.
- Hybrid Deployments: Moving and extending existing workloads to OCI while leaving others in place for business or regulatory reasons.
- Disaster recovery: Reducing or removing reliance on secondary data centers for disaster recovery targets, potentially improving recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO) targets.
- Modernizing applications by accessing tools to support containers and microservices and gain new insights with advanced business analytics and data science capabilities.
Watch the full Cloud Executive Perspective video series for complete details.