Cloud Foundation’s 2021 Spring Reading List
Spring has sprung! And with it so has a whole new batch of VMware Cloud Foundation resources. This season saw a lot of growth across the products that make up the VMware Cloud Foundation stack, including new releases and more.
Whether you’re looking for some reading material for your next park day or just need to catch up on VMware product news, you’ve come to the right place. Check out our Cloud Foundation Spring Reading list below.
With yet another release and a new subscription offering, VMware Cloud Foundation continues to focus on innovation and addressing customer challenges. If you missed the details on Cloud Foundation 4.2 or the exciting announcement about the launch of VMware Cloud Universal and the associated VMware Cloud Foundation Subscription option, we’ve got the essential reading you need to get up to speed.
- Announcing VMware Cloud Foundation Subscription: Consume Multi-Cloud Infrastructure through VMware Cloud Universal
- Announcing VMware Cloud Foundation 4.2
- Announcing the Compliance Kit for VMware Cloud Foundation 4.2
- IDC White Paper Extending VMware Cloud Foundation to the Edge
- Test Drive the New VMware Cloud Foundation TCO Calculator
- VMware Cloud Foundation – What’s New Hands-on Lab
You guessed it; another release sprouted this spring! We introduced vSAN 7 Update 2. Catch up on all the enhancements below.
- What’s New with vSAN 7 Update 2
- Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) Enhancement for vSAN Stretched Cluster
- Network Monitoring Enhancements in vSAN 7 Update 2
- Performance Monitoring Enhancements in vSAN 7 Update 2
- vSAN 7 Update 2 RDMA Support
- Proactive HA, Health Checks and Alarms for a Healthy vSAN Datastore
- Enhanced Data Durability During Unplanned Events, vSAN 7 Update 2
- vSAN 7 Update 2 File Services
- VMware vSAN HCI Mesh in vSAN Update 2
- vSphere Lifecycle Manager Enhancements in vSphere and vSAN 7 Update 2
What’s better than a new release of vSphere? A new release that partners with a leading AI solution to unleash AI for every enterprise. Enter vSphere 7 Update 2, complete with NVIDIA AI integrations. Get all the details in the posts below.
- Announcing: vSphere 7 Update 2 Release
- What’s New, Part 2, in vSphere 7 Update 2
- What’s New in vSphere 7 Update 2 Core Storage
- The AI-Ready Enterprise Platform: Unleashing AI for Every Enterprise
Spring is getting brighter with the latest Cloud Management portfolio updates! From new partner integrations to innovative enhancements and capabilities, vRealize 8.4 introduced an abundance of new features. In addition, vRealize Cloud Universal set out to simplify cloud adoption and vRealize Automation SaltStack SecOps went GA! Get the latest below:
Allergy medicine is to spring as NSX is to simple and secure networking. Our favorite networking and security solution got more colorful this season with the acquisition of Mesh7 and introduction of HCX 4.0. Get the rundown on what’s new here.
- VMware to help Customers Make Modern Apps More Secure with Acquisition of Mesh 1
- Introducing HCX 4.0 Streamlines & Optimize Workload Migrations
- How to Lift & Shift Migrate with NSX-T Data Center Migration Coordinate
Now that you’re all caught up, don’t miss any other exciting updates. Be sure to follow Cloud Foundation on Twitter (@vmwarevcf) and tweet us with any questions or suggestions of resources you’d like to see on a future recap list.