Here at VMware End-User Computing, we are thrilled to help thousands of retailers—including 19 of the 20 top U.S. retailers—leverage purpose-built technology solutions to boost customer engagement, modernize store operations, empower employees and increase security and compliance. In a press release today, we are excited to share the stories of customers who are utilizing VMware End-User Computing solutions for retail to modernize and secure retail opportunities in this mobile-cloud era. Read the full press release here.
Just in time for NRF 2016, the retail industry’s “BIG Show” of the year, Sanjay Poonen, EVP and general manager of VMware EUC, explores trends in the retail industry and how new technology innovations help retailers drive forward in this quickly shifting market.
“VMware End-User Computing solutions for retail are tailored to deliver mobile management, desktop virtualization and application delivery solutions that enable retailers to better equip their workforce and engage with customers,” said Sanjay in the release. “With proven solutions and new innovations like Industry Templates for Retail, we are increasing our commitment to empowering retailers to increase security, modernize backend operations, enhance customer engagement opportunities and drive employee productivity.”
Attending NRF 2016? Leading retailers Luxottica, Belk and Ascena share their transformational stories in the Big !dea session “Modernize the Retail Experience: Beacons and Mobile Devices” today at 11 a.m. on level three, room four of Javits.
Top Retailers Leading the Charge to Transform Customer Experiences
IT organizations within the world’s top retail organizations are helping lead the innovative transformation of the customer experience and store operation. To aid in this transformation and meet the demands of increasingly digital consumers, VMware EUC has partnered with visionary organizations in building a suite of retail technologies purpose-built to fit these market influencers. VMware EUC solutions for retail combines AirWatch® Enterprise Mobility Management, Horizon® 6 virtual and physical app and desktop virtualization, and Content Locker on top of the Workspace identity and policy engine.
Here are a few innovative ways retailers leverage this suite to transform their organizations:
Belk, the nation’s largest family owned and operated department store company, is improving customer engagement through multi-channel experiences.
- Belk deployed AirWatch managed mobile devices to enhance customer engagements to offer digital shopping experiences across channels.
- They deployed mobile point of sale (mPOS) handhelds to store associates enabling them to checkout customers more quickly to reduce wait times.
- Store associates can also access applications and websites with enhanced product information on handhelds and tablets so they are informed and never miss a sale.
- Belk has also deployed AirWatch managed beacons in tests in multiple store locations to understand and enhance customer experiences and offer more personalized services.
Luxottica, the manufacturer and distributor of luxury eyewear, is also improving customer engagement through multi-channel experiences.
- Luxottica is using AirWatch-managed tablets to give sales associates access to endless aisle capabilities through the e-commerce channel to locate, sell and ship products directly to a customer’s home or to the store.
- Store managers can also access secure training content anywhere at anytime at the touch of a button through secure applications.
- Shoppers visiting Sunglass Hut retail stores can try on various styles of eyewear using the Social Sun app, then post photos of their potential purchases through a variety of social media platforms.
Ascena Retail Group, which operates Justice, Maurices, Catherines, Dressbarn, Ann Taylor and Lane Bryant, has transformed back-of-store operations.
- With VMware, Ascena enables iPads and iPods in lieu of back office PCs or paper operations.
- Custom-built applications, store associates manage administrative functions, customer interactions, inventory, training, onboarding and more through its mobile fleet powered by VMware.
To learn more about VMware End User Computing Solutions for Retail, visit vmware.com.