Today VMware released an update to its virtualization management solution, vCenter Server. The update brings several fixes as documented in the release notes which can be reviewed in full here.
The new versions are as follows:
- vCenter Server 5.5 Update 1b | 12 JUN 2014 | Build 1891313
- vCenter Server 5.5 Update 1b Installation Package | 12 JUN 2014 | Build 1891310
- vCenter Server Appliance 5.5 Update 1b | 12 JUN 2014 | Build 1891314
downloaded now from vmware.com
A quick overview of the updates contained in this release cover Security, Server Configuration and Virtual SAN
- Update to OpenSSL library addresses security issues
OpenSSL libraries have been updated to versions openssl-0.9.8za, openssl-1.0.0m, and openssl-1.0.1h to address CVE-2014-0224.
- Host profile answer file might not be applied when you reboot the ESXi host
After you restart the vCenter services, if you use Auto Deploy to reboot a stateless ESXi host, the host profile answer file might not be applied to the ESXi host and the host configuration might fail. This issue occurs if the reference host is not available.This issue is resolved in this release.
- Under certain conditions, Virtual SAN storage providers might not be created automatically after you enable Virtual SAN on a cluster
When you enable Virtual SAN on a cluster, Virtual SAN might fail to automatically configure and register storage providers for the hosts in the cluster, even after you perform a resynchronization operation.
This issue is resolved in this release. You can view the Virtual SAN storage providers after resynchronization. To resynchronize, click the synchronize icon in the Storage Providers tab.
For new installations review the vSphere Installation and Setup documentation. For upgrading from a previous version of vCenter Server, please review the vSphere Upgrade documentation before proceeding.