It’s time for VMware Explore (formally known as VMworld) and while we’re always excited to meet you face-to-face, this year there is extra excitement in the air. Simply put, we’ve missed having the opportunity to meet in person, to dive into the industry’s most pressing concerns, touch new technologies, and discover the details of successful use cases. It’s time to come back. It’s time to explore together.
The pandemic has showed us that we need to do things differently. While we can get a lot done digitally, nothing can replace face-to-face interaction when it comes to learning and innovating. We are moving away from the mass-style of standard corporate events to a more engaging approach with new tools and activities, so you can interact more with the technical experts, executives, thought leaders, software developers and enterprise executives from around the world.
Let’s take a quick look at what VMware Explore 2022 has in store for communications service providers.
Discussions Rooted in Reality
Explore this year is addresses how we can help you manage through change – through the chaos and disruption that you and your enterprise customers experience every day. We don’t want to just talk to you about new technologies, we want to engage with you to hear your perspectives and unique requirements. The event provides tools for customers to more than just listen. We want you to explore challenges, explore solutions, explore opportunities.
One important theme of this exploration is network modernization. While this transformation is a significant journey for CSPs, for many enterprises, the digital transformation is a process in which they need more support. This is why a lot of the conversations we’re having at VMware Explore focus on how VMware can enable you to become an even stronger partner to your transforming enterprise customers.
Topics you can expect to explore at the event include
- Improving Efficiencies by Virtualizing and Automating Core to RAN to Edge
- Streamlining End-to-End Visibility by Enabling Unified Assurance
- Empowering Network Programmability with Centralized RAN Intelligence
A Star-Studded “Cast”
VMware Explore has hundreds of sessions that cover everything from accelerating IT cloud transformation and securing hybrid workforces, to connecting clouds and apps and building cloud-native applications. For service providers we have curated a list of sessions unique to your network transformation. Here is a highlight:
- Sanjay Uppal, GM, will be joined by NTT to discuss Modernization and Monetization at the Edge
- RAN performance is a hot topic we’ll cover with a diverse panel that include Marvella Nvidia, Intel and Qualcomm
- Female executive panel with Stephanie Trotter from Comcast, Nicki Palmer from Verizon, Caroline Chan from Intel and our own Mariam Sorond will be fascinating to watch as they dive into empowering connectivity convergence through the telco cloud
- Rob Soni, Head of RAN Architecture, will collect with NTT, Dish, and Mavenir to discuss 5G RAN Roadmaps
Visit the Telco Cloud demo pod on the show floor to talk to the experts and explore different use cases.
Modernize Your Network
- Comparing VMware ESXi and Bare-Metal Latency
- Simplify operations with consistency and automation across multiple clouds
- Simplify multi-vendor hybrid networks with E2E service assurance
- Reduce Network Complexity by Automating Virtual Infrastructure and VNF Lifecycle
- 3 easy steps to simplify Kubernetes and CNF operations
- Unlock Additional Revenues for Customers with 5G Network Slicing
Disaggregate Your RAN
- Modernize to Monetize: transform the RAN into a 5G multi-services hub
- Automated RAN Optimization with VMware and AirHop Communications
Enable Network Programmability
- VMware Distributed RIC KPM and RAN Control services integration
- Reduce energy consumption of RAN Sites with an rApp powered by VMware RIC
- The Power of Programmability: Optimize the RAN with VMware RIC
- Activating Sustainable Broadband with VMware RIC and Cohere Technologies
- Democratizing 5G Device Location with VMware RIC and Polte
- Transforming any RAN into a Multi-Services Hub with VMware RIC and Cellwize
Monetize the Edge
- Simplify enterprise connectivity with VMware Private 5G as a Service
- Manage converged and accelerated enterprise workloads from the telco edge
VMware Explore is sure to be a productive event. I welcome you to register today and reach out to your account manager to set up meetings onsite. Be sure to click “add to schedule” for all the sessions for which you’d like to join us.
There are several special appearances and announcements planned so come for the co-innovation and exploration and stay for the fun. I’ll see you there.